Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: I need a new belt

Site Supporter
    I've found the Galco brownish belts look very nice and work for me. About the Filson, I've found in my older configuration that I use Perry suspenders - that takes the pressure off extremely tightening the belt. I can't use the belt clip versions with the Filson, so I used it with other dress modes.

Thebeltman.net

When I started buying from them it was because they were one of the few that had the color combination I wanted (brown leather, silver square buckle). Now I have two brown, two black, and haven't needed to buy anything else in years.

A&G Custom Leather belts are around $80 http://agcustomgunleather.com/store/

The Beltman also around $80 http://www.thebeltman.net/bh112.htm

Mitch Rosen's Express Line belt goes for around $70 http://www.mitchrosen.com/products/express-line/

Orion Leather. Cheap ($30 for what I got), Prime, and after 3 years one looks pretty solid. The other I gave away and believe it's still working well with minimal wear.

Not sure a super stiff belt is as important as people make it out to be.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    the 5.11 leather belt is really good for a $40 belt. Also the colors they offer closely match alot of my very nice and expensive holsters. It's also thin, and doesn't look like a gun belt. I've got some holsters which just can't take a double thickness belt.

While I have very nice belt/holster sets, I typically use a 5.11 belt for IWB carry (1911)
    I 2nd the 5.11 belt. Pretty good for the money.

Based on previous leather belt threads like this one: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....-Belt-for-AIWB I'm getting ready to try out a saddleback leather.

I've found that the nylon belts are great. But, they are a bit uncomfortable over the long haul on days I'm driving or riding more often.

Site Supporter

LL,

I use and am happy with Mitch Rosen, Milt Sparks and Kramer belts. For best value, the Rosen Express line is a very good choice and it ships quick. Dillon one carried the Express line, not sure if they stilll do.

If money is no object, its hard to beat the top of the line Milt Sparks and MItch Rosen leather belts.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Not sure a super stiff belt is as important as people make it out to be.
    It's the combination of variables (belt, holster, body, gun). Also how a person wears it all.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    It's the combination of variables (belt, holster, body, gun). Also how a person wears it all.
    Correct but I believe much of the super stiff belt requirement is carryover from days when most holsters were leather and a little extra rigidity helped. Now the holster has that rigidity on its own or the mode of carry, AIWB, doesn't need it.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

User Tag List