Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: I need a new belt

Nope, try it. A stiff as a steel band gun belt idea comes from a time when many holsters needed help with rigidity and were worn on the hip. Using a lighter gun in a rigid holster affords some leniency to the idea. Moving the gun to between the hip bones means that even less rigidity is needed.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using an owl
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

im really happy with saddlebacks 4 stitch belt...

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Nope, try it.
    I used my generic leather belt today to carry the PPS M2. It held the holster in place fairly well. On the down side, the thinness did not match up with the holster clip. Meaning it felt a little unsteady and wobbly.

I guess I thought it would have been 'ok' for carry, but I was surprised how much the thickness (or, lack) affected how it felt.

So I think I will be shopping for a decent leather gun belt this month.

I haven't tried one yet, but these belts look pretty good at the price point they're being offered .... if you can live with black or brown.

http://gunbelts.com/shop-now/gun-belts
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    im really happy with saddlebacks 4 stitch belt...
    I've been wearing nothing but the Saddleback Leather Tow Belt for almost 4 years. Started with Dark Coffee Brown for about 3 years, then added a Black one. Great belt.

Quote Originally Posted by ubervic View Post
    I've been wearing nothing but the Saddleback Leather Tow Belt for almost 4 years. Started with Dark Coffee Brown for about 3 years, then added a Black one. Great belt.
    ya I actually need to order a new one a size down.. lost some weight around the mid section.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    I used my generic leather belt today to carry the PPS M2. It held the holster in place fairly well. On the down side, the thinness did not match up with the holster clip. Meaning it felt a little unsteady and wobbly.

I guess I thought it would have been 'ok' for carry, but I was surprised how much the thickness (or, lack) affected how it felt.

So I think I will be shopping for a decent leather gun belt this month.
    It have one of the open bottom clips?

Soft loops and closed loops work this way, if the clip is the one lots of people use for IWB then you'll likely need a thick belt just to keep the holster on the belt.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    It have one of the open bottom clips?

Soft loops and closed loops work this way, if the clip is the one lots of people use for IWB then you'll likely need a thick belt just to keep the holster on the belt.
    Yes, it is; hard clip on a JM Custom Kydex IWB.

I asked Tony to include a pair of the soft pull-the-dot loops with my order also; so I can try those out instead of the clip. It may work better than the clip in this belt. But the gun feels much more secure on the Ares Aegis belt. So I'll probably try and find a good stiff leather belt. That Saddleback Tow belt looks good.

I just wish I could un-do the dang Ares buckle when I need to. 'Cause as I discovered after starting to carry every day, sometimes ya REALLY need to.
    Last edited by RJ; 03-29-2016 at 07:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ubervic View Post
    Good to hear. My Saddleback tow belt has broken in nicely and kept almost all its original stiffness after everyday wear for about six months. Couldn't be happier. Can't say their bull belt fared as well though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Yes, it is; hard clip on a JM Custom Kydex IWB.

I asked Tony to include a pair of the soft pull-the-dot loops with my order also; so I can try those out instead of the clip. It may work better than the clip in this belt. But the gun feels much more secure on the Ares Aegis belt. So I'll probably try and find a good stiff leather belt. That Saddleback Tow belt looks good.

I just wish I could un-do the dang Ares buckle when I need to. 'Cause as I discovered after starting to carry every day, sometimes ya REALLY need to.
    Try a closed kydex loop too.

User Tag List