Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: I need a new belt

I had more trouble finding a belt I liked than I did a holster but... Jim at JRC made one that I absolutely love. I'm about in the mood to order two more.

Bummed I missed this thread until today. I ordered the Crossbreed Founders Series Exec belt and a classic Exec. series gun belt. The classic black belt is excellent. High quality craftsmanship etc. the Founders series belt? Not so much.

I wore it once in a pair of shorts and once in a pair of jeans. It weeped an oil substance all around the band of my shorts. I have never had a belt do this. Worse, in dealing with customer svc., I was left wondering if this level of customer service was a joke. It wasn't. CBH couldn't be bothered to respond.

They insisted it had not happened previously. I doubt that now. Over several weeks there was no response unless I sent follow on emails. The only response was more requests to send them more pictures (which I had done).

There was no service recovery. I have since worn the belt and there has been only a fairly small amount of weeping onto a pair of jeans and another pair of shorts. I submitted a review on the CBH website roughly a week ago (there is only one other review) and to date it has not been posted. Hhhmmm. Shenanigans. CBH has lost a customer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I really like my Hank's belts. Especially the bullhide one I got 5 or so years ago. I think they've since discontinued that one, but just get whatever the heaviest weight leather is and you'll be good to go for a long while, and they're in the 50-100 dollar range, with frequent sales. Last one I got was 35 bucks or so.

I don't know if anyone else posted this earlier but...

I've had a BullBelt for about 10 years and it's still going strong. I paid $20.00 for mine when they were first starting out and still doing the gun shows themselves.

http://www.bullbelt.com/#speakers

Mine is the stitched bull hide belt. They can be found well below MSRP if you look around.
    Last edited by Rich@CCC; 07-24-2017 at 09:01 AM.
    TANSTAAFL

Managing Partner, Custom Carry Concepts, LLC

Site Supporter
    Any saddle shops in your area? These folks can make what you desire.

Years ago, I stumbled onto Simply Rugged's "Real Man's Belt" made of a single ply of uber thick leather and it's by far and away my favorite leather belt...and I've owned Milt Sparks, Kramer and Wild Bill's belts over the last few decades.
    Last edited by Gun Mutt; 08-09-2017 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    the 5.11 leather belt is really good for a $40 belt. Also the colors they offer closely match alot of my very nice and expensive holsters. It's also thin, and doesn't look like a gun belt. I've got some holsters which just can't take a double thickness belt.

While I have very nice belt/holster sets, I typically use a 5.11 belt for IWB carry (1911)
    I have not had good luck with 5.11 leather belts. The first belt had defective hardware used to secure the buckle to the belt. The second 5.11 belt that I have was comfortable and good looking, however after wearing it on and off for over a month or so, the buckle made a deep dent in to the leather and the belt started to fray and look awful at that spot. I will post a pic if I can find it at home.
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

A&G Custom Gunleather. Been wearing one for about the last 5 years.

Not sure what the buckle is made out of on my First Spear belt, but it sails through the X-ray machine, no problems.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    A&G Custom Gunleather. Been wearing one for about the last 5 years.
    I have one of A&G's horse hide belts. It been going strong for 6 years now and looks like it has many more in it.

User Tag List