Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: I need a new belt

My take so far has been that the Wilderness 5stitch frequent flier is the default answer to what belt. It works pretty well at all the things.

The Volund Atlas is a great belt for strong side carry, OWB or IWB, but maybe a tad too stiff for 8-12hr aiwb depending on your build.

Next belt on my list is the Volund slim, both to try aiwb with it and for the lady to try one out. Probably going to try a Biothane belt out sometime soon as well.

Socking away a little change here and there for JRCs holiday sale next year. I'm going to buy me a set with an elephant belt and trim to be all fancy pants.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ffhounddog View Post
    I wear a 1 1/4 belt from them everyday for the past 6 months, the just work. It has kept a Glock 23 and a HK VP9 iwb from suit pants to jeans. I like them.
    After reading this thread, I tested the Daltech waters with a 1.25" stitched BULLBELT with 9-hole spacing. I placed my order on March 28th and the belt was in my mailbox this morning. Five business days for a belt of this quality is outstanding and I'll certainly be doing more business with them.
    Last edited by 41magfan; 04-02-2016 at 04:17 PM.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

I've been using one of Mean Gene's Shooter's Belts for a while, but I've been wearing it more and more to the office. I'm looking to pick up another for AIWB.

I'm down to the:
    -Wilderness 5-Stitch Instructors/Frequent Flyer
    -Daltech Creased Bullhide or one of the embossed basket weave/celtic belts
    -Volund G-Hook

How do you think the Daltech belts hold up with the occasional OWB?

How do you like the 9-Hole spacing? If I go Daltech, that's what I'm leaning toward.

I just did an absurd amount of research to pick a new leather belt after I gained a couple of inches too many in the waist department, so I thought it would be fair to write up my results.

I ordered a Perfect Fit belt from A Better Belt on March 27th, got a personal "please review" email the next day, and the belt was at my door today (Saturday). Five business days for a totally custom belt is pretty amazing.

The belt itself is great. Neat fit and finish. Came with spare parts, threadlocker, and an extra keeper. To my surprise the "perfect fit" feature — two pivots in the small of the back — really works, and doesn't look like I'm wearing a medical device. (My girlfriend even commented positively; she thought the pivots looked like subtle decoration.)

I got the 1.5" deep grain with IWB reinforcement, and it's true to description; not too stiff, but stiff enough. I got the seven-hole/0.75" spacing option, and I don't regret it.

Daltech Force is having a sale on some of their popular belts. It seems as though certain belts (embossed belts) are priced the same, but the stitched belts are $10 cheaper.

I ordered a 1.5" Stitched Bullbelt. Based on some experiences here, I'm hoping that it turns out to be pretty nice, especially for $49.

Bumping this thread to chime in on the First Spear Line One belt and the newer Magpul El Burro version (a purely synthetic design), FWIW. I have both...have not had the chance to really wring out the Magpul, but here are my observations from light use (YMMV):

To my surprise (since I had the Line One first, and really thought I'd go for the Magpul since I liked the look of the buckle and tighter hole spacing), I find myself using the First Spear much more often. It feels more supportive, and is easier to put on, since the Magpul has a grippy texture and a square cut end. Price point and availability are slightly in favor of the Magpul (it looks like the price has gone up considerably on the Line One since I bought mine, which doesn't have the Cerakoted buckle of current ones) but they are within $10 of each other. If you have Uncle Sam-induced gig line OCD, the construction of the keepers on both models may annoy you, since they push the buckle further to the right side side (the Magpul buckle is bigger, so it is more pronounced) than all of my conventional leather belts. I'm not an AIWB convert, but I suppose that could potentially impact your sweet spot with some pant/holster combos.

I have found both better suited to IWB than OWB use--more so in the case of the Magpul. That's fine for me, as in more overt OQB carry I'm usually also running a carbine mag pouch--not to get too far off topic but I really like the updated Bladetech Revolution single AR pouch--and other gear, and I use a wider belt in that role (I have used a 1.75 in. reinforced web belt from Crosstac for several years with good results).

Price point is slightly in favor of the Magpul (it looks like the price has gone up considerably on the Line One since I bought mine, which doesn't have the Cerakoted buckle on the new ones) but they are within $10 of each other.

Last data point, which I just learned: First Spear's website says they have a mahogany brown color "coming soon", which may work better for some folks in CCW use than the existing colors of either model.

Hope this helps--happy to answer questions if I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pink View Post
    I'll second RG Leather on their quality, unfortunately his prices have raised since I used them last. I will now consider the Aker belt or the ridiculously inexpensive LawPro1 belt.
    I grabbed one of the LawPro belts in December 2015 prior to attending the corrections academy, and ran it pretty hard as a daily EDC, range, and duty inner belt for a year and a half or so. Flexible and comfortable; works great for appendix carry, is dressy enough to wear with a tucked in shirt, has juuuust barely enough vertical stiffness that I wouldn't feel too uncomfortable running it with an OWB holster, and it survived a couple fights. Oh, and it's $14. Unfortunately mine disappeared into the ether but I'll be getting a replacement or two.

In the market for a new belt- just saw Dave Spaulding has an EDC belt out from Ares. Does anyone have any experience with this belt? I have faith that Dave would put out good gear.
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

www.custercustomleather.com
    Try this!
    This young man makes extremely nice gun and casual belts at VERY reasonable prices. I've got several (they keep shrinking lol). The one he just made me is the best yet. Two medium weight pieces of leather with superb stitching and still thin enough to use with OWB holsters that don't like thick belts. I carry every day, so I know the difference. If that's something that interests you tell young Custer to tell you about the one he just made me. Full disclosure here: Custer is my grandson but that's the only connection I have.
    Skip

User Tag List