Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Review: DPx HEST/Folding Blade Triple Black Serrated

Review: DPx HEST/Folding Blade Triple Black Serrated

Reason for Purchase
    After I finished carrying the BENCHMADE 5000SBK AUTO PRESIDIO, a little over two years ago, I decided that I would get a different blade, something non-automatic, to carry EDC. Ever since then I have been carrying the HEST/F blade everyday as a utility, general purpose blade. Three main selling points over the Presidio, first the HEST/F is not auto, so I can carrying in states I could not carry the Presidio. The HEST/F has a D2 steel blade over the 154CM blade of the Presidio and the fact you can lock the HEST/F into the fixed position by the turn of a knob.
    Read the full review here -> http://www.vdmsr.com/2015/08/dpx-hes...ated-edge.html
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Just in case you thought this post didn't generate any interest, in fact this post did generate interest and cost me $200 in the process. :-)

Have carried it for a few days now, I like it so far!

Quote Originally Posted by tanner View Post
    Just in case you thought this post didn't generate any interest, in fact this post did generate interest and cost me $200 in the process. :-)

Have carried it for a few days now, I like it so far!
    I was beginning to wonder!

It is a sweet blade, enjoy!
    VDMSR.com
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Used the wire stripper function today in fact! Wanted to use the bottle opener but had to head in to work instead. Bummer.

But yeah. Really like the deep pocket carry clip. Wave functionality is good, although still new and a bit stiff. The glass break point on the end really isn't a detriment to edc like I feared. Solidly built.

Seems like a winner so far.

Quote Originally Posted by tanner View Post
    Used the wire stripper function today in fact! Wanted to use the bottle opener but had to head in to work instead. Bummer.

But yeah. Really like the deep pocket carry clip. Wave functionality is good, although still new and a bit stiff. The glass break point on the end really isn't a detriment to edc like I feared. Solidly built.

Seems like a winner so far.
    I lubed up the mechanisms with fireclean and froglube (winter) during use for ease of deployment.

I also used the tool to "lock" the "folding" position so it doesn't accidentally get moved to "locked" randomly after I deploy it.
    VDMSR.com

That's a very good review, knife looks good. I would prefer non serrated edge and a liner lock that did not protrude past the scales.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    How about a four year update?
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    How about a four year update?
    I sold this knife about a month after review.

Once I review something I usually sell it and get something else in that particular field to review.
    VDMSR.com

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    I sold this knife about a month after review.

Once I review something I usually sell it and get something else in that particular field to review.
    Gotcha. Thanks for the reply.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

3-4 of our patrol guys carry these as their in uniform folders. No complaints after several years.

User Tag List