Thread: Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation

Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation

Watched it today, almost as a heat relief measure - helping my son to move, his new place has no AC yet, outside temp is 84 and is probably higher inside of his place.
    If somebody told me that Tom Cruise would never make another movie, I would absolutely positively not lose a tiniest bit of a sleep but this one is a well made flick.
    It doesn't make you think about anything, just a pure easy going entertainment. They did an excellent job of not taking themselves too seriously and it is full of a well delivered humor - both play and dialogue. There's a nice chase on Bimmer motorcycles - can't go wrong with that. The camera work was very good, you get to listen to an excellent recording of the Nessun Dorma, the villain is sufficiently creepy.
    And that Swedish woman, just stop-in-your-steps gorgeous who performed completely on par with Cruise. If somebody told me that she wouldn't make another movie, I'd be upset for some time...
    My son is a lot more cerebral than I am and even he enjoyed it. Recommended for an easy fun night out.
    Last edited by YVK; 08-02-2015 at 10:59 PM.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Saw it Friday night too, and I agree it was a lot of fun. I rather like Tom Cruise as an actor, if perhaps not as a real person, but agree on the female lead - first time I've seen her and I hope she's in a lot more movies. Quite enchanting. Great flick.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

I noticed that it's directed by Christopher McQuarrie. You might remember his name from an older film called "Way of the Gun"

Enjoyed it and I'd watch Rebecca Ferguson boil water.
    Last edited by Trooper224; 08-03-2015 at 02:51 AM.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

We saw it Saturday afternoon, the theater was sold out.

Really enjoyed it from start to finish, even though you kind of knew what was coming. Really made me miss my BMW M3.

Saw it with my wife opening night.

Lots of action, lots of "impossible" stuff which is great. I like that they made the characters human out of the usual hollywood standard, they felt pain, almost died, etc.

Evil dude is evil, his slow and deep speech sell the concept.

VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Your pic reminded me that she chose to do her own stunts, as did Cruise. Got to respect them for that.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Cruise actually hung from the plane in this film, and in the last MI film, he hung from the top of the Burge Dubai (the worlds tallest building).

Like you guys, I may not like Cruise as a person, but the guy has huge brass balls when it comes to doing his own stunts.

Christopher McQuarrie gave us "Way of the Gun" and he also wrote the amazing "The Usual Suspects". He also gave us the less popular, but not bad "The Wolverine", "Valkyrie" and "Jack Reacher"...
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

User Tag List