Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 6" and up Revolvers

Site Supporter

S&W 27

I bought this S&W 27 sometime in the early 80s. I have the duty gear for it, somewhere. It has a sweet trigger. Smith made good stuff back in the day.

Name:  S&W 27 left side on tool box.jpg
Views: 1494
Size:  63.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    A pair of 6.5 “ 38/44 revolvers. The fixed sight Inglewood California PD Heavy Duty is extremely rare. The other is an adjustable sight Outdoorsman.
    You do have all the cool toys... You could and perhaps should write a book if you are not already in process....
    Johnny Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Walker View Post
    You do have all the cool toys... You could and perhaps should write a book if you are not already in process....
    It is on the “To do” list.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    A pair of 6.5 “ 38/44 revolvers. The fixed sight Inglewood California PD Heavy Duty is extremely rare. The other is an adjustable sight Outdoorsman.
    Those are gorgeous.

I'd be perfectly happy treading the Apocalypse with that fixed sighted one.

Is the HD a factory "half target" or aftermarket front sight?
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Is the HD a factory "half target" or aftermarket front sight?
    It’s been refinished and the grips restored. There was no indication in the letter on the front sight but it sure works good. The 6.5” Pre War HD was a non catalog special order and I read a blurb that only 17 have been documented. You would have needed to know exactly what you wanted to get one. The action was fantastic as well.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Found a model 27 in superb condition hanging around in a gunshop while I was there to pick up a rather special shotgun:

Name:  m27.jpg
Views: 571
Size:  100.7 KB

Didn't come with a box or papers but it will be a shooter anyway so that doesn't trouble me.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Found a model 27 in superb condition hanging around in a gunshop while I was there to pick up a rather special shotgun:

Didn't come with a box or papers but it will be a shooter anyway so that doesn't trouble me.
    That is REALLY smooth.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post

Nice. I need to get a decent holster for mine.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    I have a lovely old Bianchi basketweave holster she fits in. I'll have to snag a picture.
    3/15/2016

User Tag List