Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: 6" and up Revolvers

S&W K-38 with Eagle rosewood heritage grips.

14-5

Would like to find the 4" version
    Last edited by dmiculek; 01-19-2023 at 04:15 PM.

Name:  F700510C-F07E-4DF9-8CFD-89BD9628184B.jpg
Views: 598
Size:  99.7 KB

Colt Officer’s Model Match. Short action (effectively SAO but still “functions” in DA) in .38 Special.

I try to stick with higher condition guns (even for shooters; they just seem to have fewer gremlins), but old E/I frames with rare/unique features are too hard to pass up. This one needs a letter—in 1959-60, Colt shipped a bunch of OMM short actions to military competition teams. This one is in that reported serial range, so I am interested to see whether it was in one of the military orders.
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

Site Supporter

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Snagged another one.

Name:  4166B0FD-C0A1-4FE2-858F-4021027459B7.jpg
Views: 440
Size:  73.0 KB

Name:  IMG_2481.jpg
Views: 435
Size:  86.2 KB

Name:  IMG_2482.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  55.2 KB
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

Suddenly occurred to me to gussie up my old K-38 with the mother of pearl grips I've had in a misc box for many years. Plus a Tyler T. I might switch to a black one but was going for max bling for a sort of BBQ gun.

Name:  K-38.jpg
Views: 377
Size:  60.1 KB
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Suddenly occurred to me to gussie up my old K-38 with the mother of pearl grips I've had in a misc box for many years. Plus a Tyler T. I might switch to a black one but was going for max bling for a sort of BBQ gun.

Copying that photo...I'll be in my bunk.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post

Only a pimp in a New Orle...huh, those actually look good. Def go with the black Tyler T. Solid BBQ rig.

I've got a set of Grasshorns and a Tyler T on my 3.5" 27 and TBH it looks better than it shoots. Hogues in the streets, magnas in the sheets.

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    Only a pimp in a New Orle...huh, those actually look good. Def go with the black Tyler T. Solid BBQ rig.

I've got a set of Grasshorns and a Tyler T on my 3.5" 27 and TBH it looks better than it shoots. Hogues in the streets, magnas in the sheets.
    Oh I know. Ivory would be way cooler but I gotta dance with the girl I brought. You're right though, I'll switch out to black Tyler T. Thanks for weighing in. I don't have so much aesthetic senses. (Wife: "Can confirm")
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List