Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What would you do?

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    Putting your hand on your pistol in front of a Uniformed Officer is not a smart thing to do...
    This. It looks like it's a microsecond away from "Show me yours and I'll show you mine."

I don't think so. The officer in the background doesn't seem too concerned. I would think a pistol would be drawn or at least hand on pistol in an immediate threat situation..Or it could be just the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    This. It looks like it's a microsecond away from "Show me yours and I'll show you mine."
    Last edited by UNK; 08-02-2015 at 01:05 PM.

As a deputy sheriff with 10+ years of experience, as soon as the individual put his hand on his gun, I would put him under lethal cover and arrest him for aggravated assault on a LEO. Having the gun on his hip? Not that big a deal. Putting your hand on it is what converts this from protest to crime.

That single frame of reference tells me N O T H I N G meaningful in terms of context.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

Site Supporter
    That single frame of reference tells me N O T H I N G meaningful in terms of context.
    Not to be flip and this is not a peer reviewed study but I will opine that the incident is not the Einstein convention. Not a selling point for strolling around with your AR.

As a cake-eating civilian, I would take placing a hand on a holstered handgun as hostile action.

How do you determine the hand going to rest on pistol from the beginning of the draw stroke ? You can't !
    If the hand is already on pistol and has been there, that is one thing, though worrisome. If you are there when the hand starts for the pistol, this is indistinguishable from a draw stroke beginning.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by K.O.A.M. View Post
    As a deputy sheriff with 10+ years of experience, as soon as the individual put his hand on his gun, I would put him under lethal cover and arrest him for aggravated assault on a LEO. Having the gun on his hip? Not that big a deal. Putting your hand on it is what converts this from protest to crime.
    This ^^^^

Is that one of those nylon Walmart holsters?

Quote Originally Posted by 1slow View Post
    How do you determine the hand going to rest on pistol from the beginning of the draw stroke ? You can't !
    If the hand is already on pistol and has been there, that is one thing, though worrisome. If you are there when the hand starts for the pistol, this is indistinguishable from a draw stroke beginning.
    I personally find neither acceptable in public unless there is an imminent threat.
    #RESIST

User Tag List