Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to choose between two handguns

Serious question:

How does having a rounded trigger guard effect your grip?
    #RESIST

When both hands meet at the chest area and get ready for the press out, I put my index and middle finger firmly to the bottom of the trigger guard, and roll my support hand into the final resting place high up on the gun. This allows me to get a tighter squeeze and makes a lever forcing the beaver tail deep/firmly into the web of my hand. I've always tried different grips and never really settled on anything, finally after I met up with a member on here, who has a shooting resume so crazy awesome that he should have his own movie and books, I have found a grip (atleast for my support hand ) that seems to work for me.
    Last edited by Luke; 08-02-2015 at 08:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wannabe View Post
    When both hands meet at the chest area and get ready for the press out, I put my index and middle finger firmly to the bottom of the trigger guard, and roll my support hand into the final resting place high up on the gun. This allows me to get a tighter squeeze and makes a lever forcing the beaver tail deep/firmly into the web of my hand. I've always tried different grips and never really settled on anything, finally after I met up with a member on here, who has a shooting resume so crazy awesome that he should have his own movie and books, I have found a grip (atleast for my support hand ) that seems to work for me.
    Thanks for explaining, I'm kinda stupid so I'd have to see it to fully understand it.
    #RESIST

And here is were it all falls apart. One of our friendly members listed a M&P9 for sale for crazy cheap, and I may have accidentally bought it. . . .

The game plan was to buy it and trade it for what I wanted, essentially getting a good deal on the one I wanted. I accidentally shot it today . . . .

Why does this sound like the story of the frog and the scorpion. It sounds like you are fighting your true nature. . . .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Scorpion_and_the_Frog

I understand this all too well. I have been a serial changer and I feel its cost me a lot in performance. I have always looked for the next great idea. Instead of investing in practice I would invest in the next shiny newest latest and greatest. I attempted a hardware solution to a software solution. If I had spent in ammo what I have spent buying guns, holsters, sights and then selling at a loss of the years I could be a grand champion. I still face this struggle and lately I have been selling down to encourage me to focus. I am down to three. I have a Glock 19, Shield and J frame that I shoot. I keep the J frame because I think there is a rule everyone should have one and I find I am accurate from contact to 25 yards so it stays. I keep the shield because its small and accurate. I don't buy into combat accurate or accurate for what it is. If I cant shoot them well I don't have time. Then there is the 19. I don't want to like the 19 I never have. I think Im special and for some reason the gun that I began with and the gun that is recommended by so many for me isn't it. I keep saying that I keep my shield and J frame for when it gets hot. Its currently 95+ and 135% humidity and Im carrying the 19 so. All that said I have decided to focus on the gun I find accurate, reliable, excellent capacity that I am able to carry everyday. I will continue to add ammo until I see further improvements.

What are good drills to determine which gun is better for you? I know how it "feels" isn't always true so I'm relying on a timer for this one. My thinking is any drill comparing the two would work? Are some drills better than others?
    To answer this question, I often use the IDPA Classifier course. It's 90 rounds and tests a bunch of different stuff. I score and tape after each string to keep track of the different issues. If I blow a string, I reshoot it and keep both scores for reference to not change the results.

Thanks bill! It's too late though glock is up for sale. I think I don't want to like the glock so no matter what I would come up with an excuse to get rid of it, SO! Gonna save the ammo and just sell it.

User Tag List