Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: So which DA/SA is the Glock 19 of hammer guns?

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    The Gadget takes care of one issue of the striker fired gun when holstering, that is all it does. It does not give me a DA first shot. So I say no, it is not the same thing.
    This +2
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    The Gadget takes care of one issue of the striker fired gun when holstering, that is all it does. It does not give me a DA first shot. So I say no, it is not the same thing.
    Why is the DA first shot so critical?

In my opinion, the P07 is a great substitute for the G19. I feel it carries identically to the 19 (with the added safety of a hammer), and performs even better, IMO. I just tried the 5x5 drill for the first time today, and was surprised to see a time of 17.49 seconds- I know for some around here that is not an impressive score, but I'll take it!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Williams View Post
    Why is the DA first shot so critical?
    I don't want to presume to speak for Mr. Langdon as I'm sure he has his own reasons. I'll share mine if you care to hear them.

The DA first pull provides the shooter with a bit more time due to the length of pull to make the decision to NOT shoot. A striker fired or SAO does not.
    Julius Caesar

I'd say a Sig 2022 or the 229, still, there is NOTHING out there that perfectly mimics the G19's mystical size:shootability:capacity:concealability ratio

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    I don't want to presume to speak for Mr. Langdon as I'm sure he has his own reasons. I'll share mine if you care to hear them.

The DA first pull provides the shooter with a bit more time due to the length of pull to make the decision to NOT shoot. A striker fired or SAO does not.
    Splitting hairs. The second stage of the Glock's trigger pull was enough for me one night. That said I'm switching to TDA after an upcoming class.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    Splitting hairs. The second stage of the Glock's trigger pull was enough for me one night. That said I'm switching to TDA after an upcoming class.
    I want that hair to be as thick as possible. My research and personal experience have led me to believe that there is no difference in reaction times and first shot. There is however, personal experience that has taught me that that little bit of clearance provides me with enough time to think when reacting under a startle response.
    Julius Caesar

I've been following Langdon's experience with the Beretta PX4. Sounds like a good option to me.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

I like my Walther P99AS in 9MM as my choice for a DA/SA pistol close to the Glock 19. Both have polymer frames with 15 round magazines. The Walther still has the teniffer finish Glocks use to have. Both are striker fired with little protruding controls.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    It's taller, has a shorter grip, and holds two fewer bullets.
    When you call cartridges "bullets", or magazines "clips", God kills a puppy...
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

User Tag List