Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So which DA/SA is the Glock 19 of hammer guns?

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    I am trying a P07 for carry and a P09 for IDPA and other competition. I think the P07 can fill that DA/SA "Glock 19 like" niche. Only negative I have found to the P07 is the more expensive magazines. I think a M&P 9mm mag can be modified to fit a P07 but I have not pursued that alternative.
    eh, buy 5 (two for carry) and shoot the shit out of the other three until you can afford more

I don't think any hammered fire pistol can check off all the boxes that a glock can. So I still think it depends on what virtues of a glock you are speaking of. I think a Sig P229 probably comes close but you are talking about a pistol that weighs substantially more. It is also harder to conceal because of how thick it is. It also costs twice the price on average.

I would say size wise p2000 or P07. I think the sig 229/228 and beretta are a little thick but the sigs seem to be the most popular.

I'd say the CZ P-01, it's closer in size to the 19 than the P-07 or P229 are.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Another vote for the CZ P-01/PCR.

Sig Pro 2022

Quote Originally Posted by xray 99 View Post
    Sig Pro 2022
    This is what I was going to say; as far as size, weight and cost go it would be the most equivalent.

Aftermarket support and longevity would have to be the P228/229 series though. Then the P2000 and then the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by xray 99 View Post
    Sig Pro 2022
    Yup. Best 9x19 handgun for the money, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I don't think many would argue that the Glock 19 is the most common/popular/successful/pick-your-own word, carry gun based on its size, performance and plenty more attributes. It is big enough to run with larger guns, while still small enough for most to conceal it.

An attribute of the Glock is it a striker design. That is a plus for some people and a minus for others.

My question is what is, or what should be the DA/SA equivalent to the Glock 19?
    I'm going to go with the HK P2000. CZ's are great guns, I have 2 P-07's and a P-01. The reason I'm going with the P2000 is that it is a similar-sized polymer gun with no controls on the slide. With slim slide lock levers, the P2000 is ultra low-profile, like the G19. It is very easy to do malfunction clearance drills like the G19. Except I don't really get malfunctions with the P2000.

Before I went full-on Glock, I carried a P228 (when issued a 9mm) and a P229 (when issued a .357 Sig). I was able to conceal both with either IWB or AIWB holsters and was confident in my abilities with either pistol. The profile is fairly small and I had lots of familiarity with the decocker-only Sigs. YMMV

User Tag List