Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: So which DA/SA is the Glock 19 of hammer guns?

I'm not a fan of DA/SA, but this thread has piqued my interest in the PX4. Looking at the Beretta website, I saw they have a DAO version, but also a SAO (closer to LEM than true SAO). Does anyone have any experience in the SAO version, the PX4 type C? How is the trigger?

Quote Originally Posted by john c View Post
    I'm not a fan of DA/SA, but this thread has piqued my interest in the PX4. Looking at the Beretta website, I saw they have a DAO version, but also a SAO (closer to LEM than true SAO). Does anyone have any experience in the SAO version, the PX4 type C? How is the trigger?
    I believe the C model is the "Continuous" action version. It is basically a DAO version that is somewhat pre-cocked internally for a shooter lighter double action every time. But I would not say that it is SAO.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Site Supporter
    Has anyone tried the Sphinx SDP Compact? It looks like an interesting G19ish sized TDA pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by john c View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    I believe the C model is the "Continuous" action version. It is basically a DAO version that is somewhat pre-cocked internally for a shooter lighter double action every time. But I would not say that it is SAO.
    I see no mention of a DAO or any other versions on the website, besides caliber choices. What am I missing?
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Historically, what was available in the PX4 line-up was…

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beretta_Px4_Storm

Type F: Single and double-action. Decocker. Manual safety.
    Type C: So-called to be Single-action-only ("Constant Action" - hammer is in half-cocked position). Spurless hammer. No decocker. No safety.
    Type D: Double-action-only. Spurless hammer. No decocker. No safety.
    Type G: Single and double-action. Decocker. No manual safety.

I don't know if those other models are still available, but the only model currently listed at Beretta USA is the "F" model, though my understanding is you can change that model to a "G" model in about 15 minutes.

http://www.beretta.com/en-us/px4-storm-full/#tab-models

About three months ago, I did run into a PX4 C model (not compact, but constant action) at a local gun store. I'm pretty sure it was new product and not used. It had a slick slide, and the trigger was OK. I don't fear TDA guns or slide mounted safety's so the "C" model didn't have too much interest to me.

User Tag List