Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: So which DA/SA is the Glock 19 of hammer guns?

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Almost 2" low for me at 7 yards.
    By 2" low do you mean it was drive the dot at 7 or even 2" low for that? Just curious where the HD sights for the PX4 regulate at 7 and then 20-25 yards as I remember George relating that the 92-series HD sights are way way low at all distances.

Site Supporter
    Yes I'm curious as well. ~5" low @25yds would be unacceptable to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    After shooting with Mike Pannone all weekend the CZ P-07 w/CGW upgrades in now on my radar.
    I've been entirely satisfied with mine, even with no aftermarket upgrades. I did a little mild polishing of some FC parts to get rid of some grittiness. That plus routine dry fire work = a perfectly good trigger for defensive work.

Don't miss the Glock it replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt O View Post
    By 2" low do you mean it was drive the dot at 7 or even 2" low for that? Just curious where the HD sights for the PX4 regulate at 7 and then 20-25 yards as I remember George relating that the 92-series HD sights are way way low at all distances.
    For me I have to drive the dot at 7" to hit 2" dots in the center with the Trijicon HDs. They are tall sights, so there is a little bit of sight off set at that distance.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Quote Originally Posted by APS-PF View Post
    Yes I'm curious as well. ~5" low @25yds would be unacceptable to me.

Does not shoot that way for me at all.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

One reason I picked a 92A1 to have Wilson mod it, was the availability of HD sights. When they were test firing it, the 92A1 hit some crazy amount, like 12 inches low at 25 yards. The shooter there is very skilled. We ended up having to ditch those sights, as the front HD was already so tall we couldn't get a rear sight that would work.

On the full size PX4, the HD sights regulated "tip of front sight" as I like at 25 yards. On the PX4 full size 9, POI was lower, like at least drive the dot low. I wish Trijicon offered different height front sights for 9 and .40, but then again I wish they did for HK as well.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    For me I have to drive the dot at 7" to hit 2" dots in the center with the Trijicon HDs. They are tall sights, so there is a little bit of sight off set at that distance.
    Thanks for the clarification. To follow up, are you using the full or compact version of the Trijicon HD sights as their website indicates different heights for the rear sight? Apologies, I'm a bit of a data nerd when it comes to filing away info on sight heights and POI at various distances.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    I've been entirely satisfied with mine, even with no aftermarket upgrades. I did a little mild polishing of some FC parts to get rid of some grittiness. That plus routine dry fire work = a perfectly good trigger for defensive work.

Don't miss the Glock it replaced.
    ETA: I've experimented with Glock 19 recoil springs because I think the 20 lb factory spring is just too much. I've settled on a Wolff 16 lb spring, using a CGW SS guide rod (the OEM recoil spring is captured on mine)

Quote Originally Posted by Matt O View Post
    Don't overthink this. Langdon said that 147s shot drive the dot POI for him and my ammo was LAX commercial 115r reloads.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Don't overthink this. Langdon said that 147s shot drive the dot POI for him and my ammo was LAX commercial 115r reloads.
    If 147 grain is drive the dot at 7, that is very consistent with my experience of the full size PX4 shooting low at 25 yards with 115 and 124 grain ammo.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List