Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock Frame Smiths

Glock Frame Smiths

I posted this on a different forum and basically got shit on. I'm thinking that I'll get more helpful answers here.

I'm looking for someone local (Oakland area) or an FFL to ship a Glock 17 to for

• A grip chop to G19 size with a bevel for one hand mag removal (a'la Jeff Bloovman's G19, but prettier),
    • Finger grooves removed and,
    • A trigger guard undercut

I am unwilling to do this myself, so please do not suggest that I buy a dremel.

Any suggestions on who to go with?

If you send your pistol to a recognized, "certified" gun repair facility, you don't need an FFL. You will pay large for UPS or FedEX Overnight shipping (you cannot use the post office), but you can send it and they can ship it back to the sending address.

Google for Bowie Tactical Concepts. He's one of the better Glock surgeons around; I have three of his G19s, with full-house grip reductions/stippling/you name it. His work is exemplary. I know of no one better.

http://m.coldborecustom.com/?url=htt...om.com%2F#2669.
    He does great work and is a member here.

Good subject, I was just looking around today for a grip reduction and stipple job to be done and Bowie Tactical was one I plan to call. Anybody know their lead times??

A few guys I know really like Sweaty Muddy Bloody.

Quote Originally Posted by GLB View Post
    Good subject, I was just looking around today for a grip reduction and stipple job to be done and Bowie Tactical was one I plan to call. Anybody know their lead times??
    It was 8 months in 2009 for a Glock grip redux + stippling, and 2 months to stipple a set of CT grips in 2011. Don't know if anything changed since then.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Maybe check with "Tactical Textures and Triggers"

I've seen some of his stuff and it is really nice. Just an idea.

Second for cold bore customs, had a g22 chopped and similar mods done

Forgot to mention the Boresight Solutions in my post above, although I don't know what Ben's turnaround time is these days. I have also been impressed with frame work on all Zev guns that I have handled.

I just got back my G17 and G19 from Lane at Cold Bore Customs this week. Turn around was around 4 weeks for a grip reduction, high cut trigger guard, and finger groove removal. Great work.

User Tag List