Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So which DA/SA is the Glock 19 of hammer guns?

Quote Originally Posted by xray 99 View Post
    Sig Pro 2022
    As I remember, the SIGPro series is bigger than a P229 but smaller than a P226. It's barely lighter than P229 (same as an old-school P228?). All of SIG's double-stack offerings are all significantly (IMO) larger and heavier than the Glock 19 and HK P2000.

Cheers,
    David
    Last edited by David S.; 08-02-2015 at 01:39 PM.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Hopefully this isn't a drift but is there much of a difference between a gadget equipped G19 vs any hammer fire gun of similar size?
    The Gadget takes care of one issue of the striker fired gun when holstering, that is all it does. It does not give me a DA first shot. So I say no, it is not the same thing.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

P2000
    Gun Free Zones Aren’t an Inhibition….they’re an Invitation.

Site Supporter
    On the size to shoot ability ratio, I don't think a hammer fired gun can match the G19 because an equivalent grip length will result in an overall taller and slightly heavier pistol.

IMHO, Ruger's P95 is the G19 of the DA/SA crowd, especially as it's common around here (used) for 225.00 ish.

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    On the size to shoot ability ratio, I don't think a hammer fired gun can match the G19 because an equivalent grip length will result in an overall taller and slightly heavier pistol.
    According to the Glock and HK websites, the P2000 is .08" taller and 1.3 oz heavier.
    Last edited by SteveB; 08-02-2015 at 06:38 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    According to the Glock and HK websites, the P2000 is .08" taller and 1.3 oz heavier.
    It's taller, has a shorter grip, and holds two fewer bullets. I'm not saying the differences are huge, but I do find the G19 to be about the optimal grip length. Going shorter noticeably affects my performance, especially reload speed/consistency.

How does the Walther P99 compare?
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    I don't think any hammered fire pistol can check off all the boxes that a glock can. So I still think it depends on what virtues of a glock you are speaking of. I think a Sig P229 probably comes close but you are talking about a pistol that weighs substantially more. It is also harder to conceal because of how thick it is. It also costs twice the price on average.
    What boxes would those be?
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    How does the Walther P99 compare?
    As far as size goes? It's somewhat thicker and noticeably taller than the 19 but the extra height is more due to the slide as opposed to the grip, so from a concealment standpoint they're pretty similar.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

User Tag List