Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ALG 6-Second T1 mount...who has one?

ALG 6-Second T1 mount...who has one?

Last week I scored a LNIB Aimpoint T1 4MOA for a very fair price and as such I've been looking into getting an ALG mount for it and tossing it on my G34. Wondering if anyone has any first hand experience with one. Interested in this because the optic doesn't reciprocate and because T1s are bombproof. I'm visualizing this as my go-to HD/nightstand pistol setup. I currently have a 16" AR next to the bed but it is tight when maneuvering down my hallways and through the house. That and I'd prefer to not go deaf shooting that thing indoors with my Surefire muzzle brake on the end if push came to shove.

Any first hand reviews or experience with the mount would be useful. Regardless, I'll be purchasing one soon but I wanted to get some feedback ahead of time if possible.

Site Supporter
    Tagged for interest - I'm looking at putting a T1/6 second combo on a Glock 20SF.

I was lucky enough to shoot one a couple weeks ago on a Glock 34.

I've always thought that slide mounted RMRs were neat, but a non reciprocating dot is way nicer. Obviously, the trade off is that you've got a gigantic mount for it, making the pistol pretty unreasonable for most things. Upon shooting one, my initial suspicions were confirmed. Neat as hell, you bet. Practical? Not really.

For your HD scenario as mentioned, I've personally never felt limited by a WML and irons, especially at hallway distances. My AR also has a SF muzzle brake on it, but I keep a set of Sordins right next to it. Atleast until the suppressor paperwork comes back.

Some info here: https://primaryandsecondary.com/foru...h-alg-6sm.562/

You'll have to sign up for that forum, but they have pretty good information in general, even if it is rather slow at times.

I played with one at SHOT and was not too impressed with it. It has some practical applications but none of them are applicable for me.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Tagged for interest - I'm looking at putting a T1/6 second combo on a Glock 20SF.
    I think the ALG mount is only sized for the 9mm/.40S&W framed pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    I played with one at SHOT and was not too impressed with it. It has some practical applications but none of them are applicable for me.
    Was it just the sheer bulk that the mount adds which turned you off to it? I've shot an RMR equipped pistol before and did not have trouble with re-acquiring the dot, but I'm just very drawn to the ALG mount for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by htomeheb View Post
    I was lucky enough to shoot one a couple weeks ago on a Glock 34.

I've always thought that slide mounted RMRs were neat, but a non reciprocating dot is way nicer. Obviously, the trade off is that you've got a gigantic mount for it, making the pistol pretty unreasonable for most things. Upon shooting one, my initial suspicions were confirmed. Neat as hell, you bet. Practical? Not really.

For your HD scenario as mentioned, I've personally never felt limited by a WML and irons, especially at hallway distances. My AR also has a SF muzzle brake on it, but I keep a set of Sordins right next to it. Atleast until the suppressor paperwork comes back.
    While I certainly don't need this mount and could get by with an iron-sighted/WML mount handgun, its easier for me to rationalize purchasing it if I can assign a "use" to it. This won't be my go-to carry gun; it will sit on my nightstand 95% of the time and it will also go with me on some range trips. I may also shoot it in a random handgun class or at some local USPSA matches for the hell of it.

In that case, sounds like you understand the pros and cons of the mount. Time to whip that CC out.

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    Was it just the sheer bulk that the mount adds which turned you off to it? I've shot an RMR equipped pistol before and did not have trouble with re-acquiring the dot, but I'm just very drawn to the ALG mount for some reason.
    It's bulky. Not exactly cumbersome but bulky in a way I wouldn't want a pistol to be, if you follow.

I've shot a few guns and owned a G19 with an RMR on it (http://www.vdmsr.com/2014/10/the-rmr-journey.html) so I understand the feeling of it and how it functions.

The 6-second mount would great for a gamer or dedicated HD or "super operator" style gun, one which requires ultra fast and accurate shooting from target to target if you completely disregard and remove the carry/deal/concealment/storage phase of the endeavor.

I would almost suggest getting a unity tactical ATOM mount since you can go between different setups (t1, rmr, deltapoint, etc), yes its more expensive, but you get a very modular system.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

User Tag List