Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FO/Tritium Sights Idea

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    Trijicon/Tooltech is doing the installs with the black silicone around the lamps, so I was hoping that would be an option, but I still haven't heard back from Tooltech.

I think it is possible to get a .076" (full size) tritium vial in a .115" front sight if you are willing to give up any rings/surrounding materials, but I'm waiting on Tooltech to confirm.

I agree that 3 dots with different color rear dots are the best option for low light aiming, but I was trying to come up with a way of having the benefits of both fiber optic and tritium.
    Thanks for the info! That sounds promising. It'll definitely be interesting to hear what Tooltech says.

As for the size, I wonder if usefully sized fiber and a tritium lamp can fit vertically on a Glock stock height front sight...

It's not clear to me why 3 dots precludes doing the fiber thing. Can you elaborate? The front tritium will be a little low in the notch, but that could be compensated for by drilling the rear vial holes a bit lower too. I'm imagining shorter VTAC sights with no fiber on the back. Actually, FWIW, I always find the front tritium dots to sit too high relative to the rear when the sights are aligned, i.e. sights aligned -> dots not aligned. So, I have a feeling the rear dots might not even have to be lowered.

As a side note, if these are done with yellow/green contrasting tritium, and red fiber, and especially if the I-dot configuration is chosen, they could be called "traffic light sights"

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    Trijicon/
    I think it is possible to get a .076" (full size) tritium vial in a .115" front sight if you are willing to give up any rings/surrounding materials, but I'm waiting on Tooltech to confirm.
    Dave Spaulding said there was some rule that there had to be enough ring around the tritium, so .125 is as slim as they get. Which is why his T-CAP and Defoor's new tritium sight are both .125.

User Tag List