Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sights: One for all or mission driven?

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MD7305 View Post
    Any suggestions on pitching a request to change sights? I think the biggest draw back would be the surge of everyone who would want to follow, not from a performance perspective, but more because "he got to do it" perspective.
    My department allows you to request to have your sights changed at your own expense. An interdepartment memo is submitted to the OIC of the Range saying why you want the change, and range armorers must do the work, and you must provide the sights. Almost no one has done it.

My duty gun Glock 22 has the Glock night sights and my personal Glocks wear Warren Tactical. I prefer the Warrens but see no difference in shooting between the two.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    My department allows you to request to have your sights changed at your own expense. An interdepartment memo is submitted to the OIC of the Range saying why you want the change, and range armorers must do the work, and you must provide the sights. Almost no one has done it.
    For the OP, I would suggest you justify the sight change option as an officer and public safety issue - the better / faster you can see your sights the quicker you can stop a threat and the greater your odds of hitting only what you are aiming at. You can also address it as a reasonable accommodation issue since high visibility sights are a great help to those of us with age induced presbyopia.

User Tag List