Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good hiking holster for a Glock 35

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar

Good hiking holster for a Glock 35

So I picked up a G35 for competition use and have gear for that, but what do people find works best for hiking with the gun? Preferably one compatible with a TLR-1. Keep in mind that with where I am at right now this would enclude mostly day hikes, overnight camping, etc. not doing the Appalachian trail here. Prefer kydex but open to leather if it makes any sense I guess. Holster will also be used to tote my G17.

What kind of pack are you going to have with you?

This isn't a holster in the traditional sense, but it sure has taken the place of many for me personally. For all of my outdoor rambles, this thing gets used most of the time if the gun I need to carry will fit.

http://hillpeoplegear.com/Products/t...1/Default.aspx

The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

Pretty simple -- AIWB when you can, Hill People chest pack when you can not. Safariland drop rig of you don't care about concealment and want quicker access with a heavy pack/large padded waist belt.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PSBT4117 View Post
    What kind of pack are you going to have with you?
    3-day style backpack with sleeping bag rolled under it.

With a waistbelt or not?

I have 4 eberlestock packs mostly used for hunting and ive found ways to attach the holster directly to the pack via molle or threaded through the shoulder straps depending on the configuration

Site Supporter
    I'm not sure a G35 would fit in the Hill People kit bag, especially a G35 with a light. However, they are great bags. I've gone hiking/camping with mine a couple of times now, but I usually carry a G26 or G19. I also have a Wilderness Tactical Safe Packer that I've attached to the waist belt on my pack. That worked pretty well, but if you take off your pack, you also take off your pistol. Lastly, there was a thread a couple of months ago about the Kenai Chest Holster from Gunfightersinc.com. If I ever decide I don't like my kit bag, the Kenai is next on my list to try.

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    I'm not sure a G35 would fit in the Hill People kit bag, especially a G35 with a light.
    Per the Hill Brothers, it'll fit - even with a light:

http://www.hillpeoplegear.com/Forum/...s/Default.aspx

Considering the Kenai rig at moment to pack a G29 w a G20-length aftermarket barrel in it on a CO elk hunt this October. My brother contends I'll leave it in camp after the first day but, being old, fat and juicy I'm wanting some black bear, cougar and hippie repellent with me.

And it was an excuse to get a barrel that makes the 29 both deer-legal length in TN and meets CO's 550-ft.-lbs. at 50 yards requirement.

User Tag List