Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Handgun Advice

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I've bought a bunch of different handguns over the years. And I'll likely buy more in the future because I may legitimately have some sort of personality disorder that manifests in the purchase of handguns.

...but all that being said, I'd advise you to stick with what you've got. Unless you can identify a real improvement that something else offers (like a safer reholster, which The Gadget fixes for you soon) or you believe having something "different" will motivate you to train harder than you are now, stick with what you've got and get into some quality classes.

Owning a bunch of different handguns hasn't really done anything for me in any objective sense.

I do, however, find my Wilson Brig Tac to be pretty damned awesome.
    I feel I may have the same disorder... And I think it needs to be in the next DSM. I already ordered a pair of gadgets and can not wait. I feel a huge attraction to the Wilson beretta, just looks amazing on so many levels...

Quote Originally Posted by The Apprentice View Post
    I've tried all of these at some point and then some. Recently I have decided to focus on the p2000 with the lem trigger. If you want a glock 19 sized tda gun its an excellent choice I found the sigs and berettas a bit to thick. How ever i came real close to sending my beretta compact to wilson combat to have it reworked. It will find its way there eventually. So from your list I would go with the brigader tactical. Love mine it is a great gun but big.
    No competitive shooting, I don't feel a huge attraction to it, but I'll go to the range 2-3 times a month and probably shoot about 600 rounds through the glock in a month, depending upon how much time I have. I think if I was to buy the Wilson it would be more of a use at a range and then gawk at it the waking hours I'm not busy....

Quote Originally Posted by XXXsilverXXX View Post
    No competitive shooting, I don't feel a huge attraction to it, but I'll go to the range 2-3 times a month and probably shoot about 600 rounds through the glock in a month, depending upon how much time I have. I think if I was to buy the Wilson it would be more of a use at a range and then gawk at it the waking hours I'm not busy....
    I have three Brig Tac pistols, including serial #005. Fantastic pistols. It takes a lot of determination to carry a pistol of that slide thickness and weight as an EDC on an extended basis, especially when you can get a Centurion or 92 Compact that shoots nearly as well in a smaller, thinner, lighter package.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have three Brig Tac pistols, including serial #005. Fantastic pistols. It takes a lot of determination to carry a pistol of that slide thickness and weight as an EDC on an extended basis, especially when you can get a Centurion or 92 Compact that shoots nearly as well in a smaller, thinner, lighter package.
    I can vouch for how easy the compact is to shoot. I can manage the recoil as well as a G34

I recently purchased A SP 01 Tactical(range) and PCR (carry). I also performed a little CGW parts swap and I'm very satisfied with both. *

* I fully realize you asked about the best steakhouse in town and I've told you where to go for great seafood, but the PCR and P 01 are very similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Urban_Redneck View Post
    I recently purchased A SP 01 Tactical(range) and PCR (carry). I also performed a little CGW parts swap and I'm very satisfied with both. *

* I fully realize you asked about the best steakhouse in town and I've told you where to go for great seafood, but the PCR and P 01 are very similar.
    Rail/No Rail doesn't matter to me I don't have a Light for any handgun.

The Wilson Combat 92's, in my opinion, are some of the coolest guns in recent times.

From a straight up cool factor/enjoyment perspective... they are the winner on your list from my perspective.

Yep, hard to beat for cool factor. An added benefit is that shooting more DA is good exercise.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Get the Wilson Beretta.

After you fire that first mag, your purchase choice will be validated.

Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    Get the Wilson Beretta.

After you fire that first mag, your purchase choice will be validated.
    is wilson messing around with the 92 compact?

User Tag List