Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: wheelgun leather

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    I too have an HSR, and Ive never noticed a difference in drawing from it or the AW. I do enjoy the HSR for carrying unconcealed but the AW definitely helps to keep the sharp hammers from shredding the inside of jackets and vests.
    Thanks very much. I kinda figured that was the case, but a guy at Sparks told me the AW drew higher. Go figure. I'll have to get one at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Anyone use a diamond chest rig? How about the clark version?
    GJM mentioned that the holster harness created hot spots or rub points with a pack. He used a custom kydex Survival Sheath chest rig instead. Gunfighter Inc. makes a kydex chest holster called the Kenai.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....-Chest-holster
    Last edited by DamonL; 08-08-2015 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DamonL View Post
    GJM mentioned that the holster harness created hot spots or rub points with a pack. He used a custom kydex Survival Sheath chest rig instead. Gunfighter Inc. makes a kydex chest holster called the Kenai.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....-Chest-holster
    For my use (non backpacking, hunting carry) I don't prefer kydex, and am not as worried about the hot spot issue. I've talked to GJM about these things recently, I'm just hesitant to waste more money on a rig that might not work for me. I usually prefer belt holsters...

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    For my use (non backpacking, hunting carry) I don't prefer kydex, and am not as worried about the hot spot issue. I've talked to GJM about these things recently, I'm just hesitant to waste more money on a rig that might not work for me. I usually prefer belt holsters...
    Its too bad there isnt a lend/lease holster library, or a listing of unused holsters people have.

Anyone ever try a SSI or SSII for a j-frame? And did it ride too high?

User Tag List