Thread: Quick question regarding Winchester 95 gr 380 ball Q4206

Quick question regarding Winchester 95 gr 380 ball Q4206

So here's the deal: I'm in my LGS, and I notice that there is a box of WWB 95gr 380 on the shelf. "Great" I say to myself "there's some of that flat point ball that I put in my G42..." so I bought it, along with some magazines and stuff.

Today I go to the range, and I decide to run a few mags of this ammo just to keep on top of the G42 and it turns out that A) it's just regular round ball, not the flat point in the box and B) it failed miserably in the G42. Stovepipes, FTF, FTE; even a couple of type 3s. WTF? Since it was partially .380 day, I had a Sig P232 as well, and this stuff was only marginally better through it (FTFs, but no type 3 in the Sig, thank God).

It should be noted that the flat point stuff has always been 100% for me.

Anyone ever buy WWB 380 ball, Q4206, and NOT get the FMJ FP bullet load?

TIA.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post

Anyone ever buy WWB 380 ball, Q4206, and NOT get the FMJ FP bullet load?

TIA.
    Nope.

However, it's just crap ammo all around. I've seen plenty of rounds with their flat point 380 that I threw out....and I would never, ever knowingly choose WWB in any caliber for defensive ammo.

If you want quality 380 flat point ammo, get some from Buffalo Bore....that's what I did, at least.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Strange. Usually Q4206 has a FMJ FP, and I have found it to work pretty reliably in Sig P232s.

User Tag List