Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Outer vest carrier for issued soft armor - suggestions/opinions

Give Mayflower/Velocity a call. They have lots of products that are not up on their website.
    They make excellent kit and have competitive pricing.

On subject: a buddy is using the Safariland carrier with the central zipper and likes it.
    Last edited by joshs; 09-04-2015 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Edited per member's request.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    A coworker has a set of the invisible ones that attach as keepers. He said they are good, I might look into them.

We are allowed to have outer carriers in the winter, and they are not giving anyone any issue with continuing to wear them throughout the summer. Getting stuff off my belt is the goal.
    Gotcha, thought you were just trying to prevent back problems thought I'd try

Quote Originally Posted by scsu74 View Post
    Gotcha, thought you were just trying to prevent back problems thought I'd try
    That's part of it, getting stuff off my belt will help immensely with any back issues.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I am in a plain clothes unit but wear a mayflower carrier with a duty belt for all of our overt stuff. It probably isn't what I would choose for patrol but I have some thoughts on load carriage.

IMO the goal should be to distribute your gear so that you can get the right balance to it. Some guys load everything on the vest which can make you too heavy and stresses your lower back.

My normal duty belt set up was very front heavy and stressed my lower back by putting some extra arch in it. Simply moving my radio and taser off of my belt allowed me to move my mag pouch from just left of my buckle to just forward of my 9oclock. This centered the balance of my belt so my lower back can be neutral. I also have room for a small med pouch behind my mags which weighs next to nothing.

My ideal patrol vest would put my radio so that the antenna runs up just behind my left arm with a taser pouch just forward of that. I would have nothing but my notebook and phone in the chest pockets so that I could still use a plate carrier for gun calls.

Site Supporter
    We were issued these Point Blank maverick. They have two built in pockets in the front which work great for holding rifle mags and even radios. Not sure the brand of pouches we are issued but so far they have worked well. I did get one of the tag molle pistol pouches as they work a lot better than the issued ones.

So I've been doing research and the blauer armorskin tacvest seems to be the cheapest tryout.

http://www.blauer.com/armorskin-tacvest-8375.html

Anyone have direct experience with this vest?
    I've been wearing an Armorskin for the last month or so as part of a wear test. In general I like it and find it to be far more comfortable exspecially when combined with the Blauer Base Shirts. My biggest complaint is he carrier doesn't allow me to love anything off my belt. Ideally I would like to move a few items like lights and cuffs off my belt into the vest. It's also got too much extra material in the shoulders. Other than that I think it's a move in the right direction. I will be trying a similar option from Safariland soon and I'll be interested to compare.

Quote Originally Posted by Unity Nate View Post
    I've been wearing an Armorskin for the last month or so as part of a wear test. In general I like it and find it to be far more comfortable exspecially when combined with the Blauer Base Shirts. My biggest complaint is he carrier doesn't allow me to love anything off my belt. Ideally I would like to move a few items like lights and cuffs off my belt into the vest. It's also got too much extra material in the shoulders. Other than that I think it's a move in the right direction. I will be trying a similar option from Safariland soon and I'll be interested to compare.
    Which one from safariland? Their site sucks and their photos suck even more.
    VDMSR.com
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Which one from safariland? Their site sucks and their photos suck even more.
    You have to contact your factory rep. Their site is useless. I worked with the La Guy and the had a few of the uniform shirt style options.

Quote Originally Posted by Unity Nate View Post
    You have to contact your factory rep. Their site is useless. I worked with the La Guy and the had a few of the uniform shirt style options.
    Yeah local spot has a rep but the stuff I saw sucks.
    VDMSR.com

User Tag List