Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Outer vest carrier for issued soft armor - suggestions/opinions

I wear a http://survivalarmor.com Survival Armor outer carrier with their body armor. Our local shop can get a specific carrier for K9 use. The closest one I can see on the website is the Mil Tac vest. you can buy the carrier or get a package deal with the armor.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    I wear a http://survivalarmor.com Survival Armor outer carrier with their body armor. Our local shop can get a specific carrier for K9 use. The closest one I can see on the website is the Mil Tac vest. you can buy the carrier or get a package deal with the armor.
    http://survivalarmor.com/product/asrv

That looks like what I am thinkin, way too tacticool, but may work with a little modification
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Regarding Survival Armor- After a demo shoot last year, during which the rep was refreshingly candid, I bought ~12 armor packages across a range of sizes to give them a try. The process was smooth, delivery times average. Like other companies, panels were shorter than I like but the officers like them. There were no returns for adjustment. Custom panels spec'ed were correct with no BS from the reps or factory. This was one of the best armor buys I've had in many years.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Regarding Survival Armor- After a demo shoot last year, during which the rep was refreshingly candid, I bought ~12 armor packages across a range of sizes to give them a try. The process was smooth, delivery times average. Like other companies, panels were shorter than I like but the officers like them. There were no returns for adjustment. Custom panels spec'ed were correct with no BS from the reps or factory. This was one of the best armor buys I've had in many years.
    Ill have to take a closer look.
    VDMSR.com
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Our rep has an outstanding working relationship with Survival Armor. His shop is less than a half mile from our office. He has taken ideas from SWAT and K9 and gone to Survival to implement them. He retired from LE and was a full time SWAT guy. My carrier and vest were measured by him and the fit was excellent. He measured my squad for our new entry vests last month. They should be here in September.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

So I've been doing research and the blauer armorskin tacvest seems to be the cheapest tryout.

http://www.blauer.com/armorskin-tacvest-8375.html

Anyone have direct experience with this vest?
    VDMSR.com

You need to call beez combat systems. They will make you whatever you want.

http://www.beezcombatsystems.com/
    "I want to see someone running down the street with a sims-gun shrieking 'I am the first revelation' " - SouthNarc

Have you looked at suspenders at all? Probably help more than an external carrier. I've worn a back defender for the last 5 years and the thing is awesome...

Quote Originally Posted by scsu74 View Post
    Have you looked at suspenders at all? Probably help more than an external carrier. I've worn a back defender for the last 5 years and the thing is awesome...
    A coworker has a set of the invisible ones that attach as keepers. He said they are good, I might look into them.

We are allowed to have outer carriers in the winter, and they are not giving anyone any issue with continuing to wear them throughout the summer. Getting stuff off my belt is the goal.
    VDMSR.com

SKD is about to drop a slick combo at 30% off this noon. It's the Paraclete LVBC *WITH* the 3A BALCS from point blank. Usual colors. Size large only.
    You don't gotta love it. You just gotta do it.

User Tag List