Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Outer vest carrier for issued soft armor - suggestions/opinions

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    It's "comfortable" as armor goes. Best results are custom fit with test panels, getting first delivery, then refine with a trip back for a final cut. I'd buy the panels and carrier together. I'm pretty particular though.

I've come to like the front closure better. Easier to don/doff, and I can pop it open. Zippers hold up and you're not putting extra wear on the hook/loop which is usually the first thing to go.
    Really appreciate your input. I already have my panels cut to me, so they said that the information off of those panels could be used to create a properly sized carrier.

I tried an outer carrier years ago and it was a no go for anything more than a short time non daily use. Let’s hope this experience is better.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Really appreciate your input. I already have my panels cut to me, so they said that the information off of those panels could be used to create a properly sized carrier.
    I tried an outer carrier years ago and it was a no go for anything more than a short time non daily use. Let’s hope this experience is better.
    While we're on this subject... If you're going to wear an external carrier, the panels you're using should be sized/fit with that carrier in mind. Panels fit to a concealable carrier will ride and conform to the body differently when moved externally. Due to the added material and fit of the external carrier, ride height on the torso and gap/overlap on the sides will vary. I generally find that adding +.5-1" in length and spec'ing a ~2" overlap to the manufacturer's normal concealable measurement will provide good fit and coverage in an external.

There is some variation to this by manufacturer and their fit templates, but you get the idea.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    No clue on the survival armor product. I am using Point Blanks variation of that style of carrier and the pockets are nigh useless. I can't fit a standard pocket sized notepad in there...

The flap itself is too short for the pocket so it never stays closed either. It looks like trash.
    I think Point Blank has been doing some rolling revisions on pocket depth. The original sample we had gotten (sewn molle) had useless shallow pockets. The laser cut ones we actually got within the last year have a deep pocket within the pocket. The front part is shallow, but there is a divider with the back part being deep enough that a 6” iPhone (the regular, not mega ones) easily fits with the flap closed.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by DpdG View Post
    I think Point Blank has been doing some rolling revisions on pocket depth. The original sample we had gotten (sewn molle) had useless shallow pockets. The laser cut ones we actually got within the last year have a deep pocket within the pocket. The front part is shallow, but there is a divider with the back part being deep enough that a 6” iPhone (the regular, not mega ones) easily fits with the flap closed.
    My vest has that dual pocket setup. The issue is that the pocket flap doesn't close once you put something into those pockets. We have our nape tapes sewn on the pocket flap so no one can ever see who I am. It's...sigh.

User Tag List