Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Outer vest carrier for issued soft armor - suggestions/opinions

Outer vest carrier for issued soft armor - suggestions/opinions

I have been given the green light for an outer vest carrier for my issued soft armor, preferably black, can have molle/612/etc.

Who runs one, what experience do you have and what would you do over or recommend?

I would like to run my Motorola, med pouch/kit, and maybe one or two other things on the vest - suggestions for brands?

Trying to get ahead of any back problems that may arise from carrying a 15lb rig day in and day out.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

not sure which one would work for you but Ferro Concepts makes some cool stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    not sure which one would work for you but Ferro Concepts makes some cool stuff.
    It's a standard BALCS soft armor, their website doesn't have anything that accepts that.
    VDMSR.com
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I'm currently running a Blauer external vest carrier, primarily for cost reasons. Other guys on my dept are using this company: http://www.thevestman.com

They custom make your carrier to your design specs, and it's a true vest carrier, rather than a cover. The vest man is highly recommended. I'm going to upgrade when I get a new vest, at the end of next year.

Quote Originally Posted by john c View Post
    I'm currently running a Blauer external vest carrier, primarily for cost reasons. Other guys on my dept are using this company: http://www.thevestman.com

They custom make your carrier to your design specs, and it's a true vest carrier, rather than a cover. The vest man is highly recommended. I'm going to upgrade when I get a new vest, at the end of next year.
    That looks pretty good, though I'd prefer something with a little more modular.
    VDMSR.com

I've used these people exclusively since 2003. It works but I have to admit it seems there durability hasn't been as great the last couple of years. They are still much, much more durable than Blauer carriers.

http://www.jguniforms.com

I dont know if it meets your needs in terms of appearance, but I used the Mayflower assault carrier for several years and found it very comfortable. I carried soft armor and plates in it and attached MOLLE pouches as needed.

My agency began purchasing MOLLE external carriers from Point Blank for standard issue soft armor packages. Its not a bad setup but not a Mayflower product. I can send a link to the Point Blank product if interested.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    I dont know if it meets your needs in terms of appearance, but I used the Mayflower assault carrier for several years and found it very comfortable. I carried soft armor and plates in it and attached MOLLE pouches as needed.

My agency began purchasing MOLLE external carriers from Point Blank for standard issue soft armor packages. Its not a bad setup but not a Mayflower product. I can send a link to the Point Blank product if interested.
    love my mayflower apc. they can be extremely low profile.

Thanks for the info ill have to keep researching.

It cannot be a tacticool PC and even though it can accept plates it shouldnt be designed specifically for them, or it can be jumpable.
    VDMSR.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Chipster View Post
    I've used these people exclusively since 2003. It works but I have to admit it seems there durability hasn't been as great the last couple of years. They are still much, much more durable than Blauer carriers.

http://www.jguniforms.com
    I've had my JG carrier for about 4 years now- no problems with mine.

User Tag List