Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Production Optics is now a thing

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised to see some sort of unicorn "gamer" gun get developed for Production Optics...like a Grand Power K100 milled for a RDS or something.
    Interesting you mentioned this as I have a K100 I am looking to get milled for an RDS for this division right now.

All arguments aside, I am looking forward to this division because it sounds like fun. I don't shoot USPSA to enhance my tacticool skills, I shoot for fun. In order to be interesting for me a new division has to offer something that the other divisions don't. Production I view as the basic division. Limited gets you major PF and all sorts of fun gun crap. Open gives the dot and a comp. Each of these has some very fundamental differences from each other. I like production optics because it provides something that is fundamentally different from production. Yes, you get to shoot the dot in open, but there is a WORLD of difference between production + dot and open. I think this could be a very interesting hybridization of open and production that keeps the essential skills from production (accuracy, reloads, stage planning) while being different enough to remain a compelling choice.

On a side note - if anyone knows a smith/company that will mill a K100 please PM me...

If you don't want to shoot a plastic gun, you could always get a alloy framed gun. The 92 Brigadier comes in at 33.3 oz with the heavier slide (compact comes in at 31 oz). I suspect you're going to see a resurgence of alloy frames guns like the rumored P320 competition model with a aluminum frame.

Here's my Carry Optic pistol. 229R 9mm with RMR.

Attachment 3889

I'll weigh it tomorrow and update with the weight. The irons are Ameriglo suppressor w/ tritium. I'll post more on it after I shoot it some in the MRDS thread.
    Last edited by Lon; 09-15-2015 at 03:51 PM.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Are you going to shoot that at Miamisburg this coming Sunday?

Not Sunday. But I will Monday night.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.

Monday night? A local match I didn't know about? Do tell!

Monday nights from Labor Day to Memorial Day at miamisburg at the indoor range. Been going there for 20 years.
    Formerly known as xpd54.

32.12 oz. according to the evidence scale at work.
    Formerly known as xpd54.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Monday nights from Labor Day to Memorial Day at miamisburg at the indoor range. Been going there for 20 years.
    Crap that's already begun? I always thought of that as a mid winter thing.

What relay do you normally shoot, I'd like to see that in action

Shot my first CO match last night. Good times but way too many D hits. Still getting the dog tracking down with this gun. The stock recoil spring sucked for tracking. I dropped down to a 12 lb spring and the dot tracks a lot better. After a few hundred rounds the dot started going off. A little research on PF and I added a piece of tape to the bottom of the battery. Been good since then. Took the top end off my duty gun until I'm sure the problem is resolved. I also had to order a new rear sight. Was WAY off at 25 yards. Like 14" high at 25 yards. Once that new rear sight gets in and I get a few hundred more rounds thru it I'll start carrying it all the time.

Last edited by Lon; 10-06-2015 at 05:49 PM.

User Tag List