Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KAC QDC Suppressors Finally Hitting Stores

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    My biggest hangup with KAC suppressors is that the 7.62 models will not fit on 5.56 muzzle devices, eliminating the crossover game. I'm a big KAC fan, love my Mod 2, and have their kit splattered all over my other rifles, but I won't spend over $3k on cans/stamps to achieve the same thing that I can do with $1k on a single .30cal can. I really wanted a 7.62 QDC CQB, but I went with the Omega for the aforementioned reason.
    Yep, the only reason why I went with KAC was that I had 4 uppers with QDC FH's. It makes no sense for someone who is not already invested in QDC muzzle devices or needs a cross-caliber can.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Yep, the only reason why I went with KAC was that I had 4 uppers with QDC FH's. It makes no sense for someone who is not already invested in QDC muzzle devices or needs a cross-caliber can.
    First, I'll also admit to being more than a little bit biased toward KAC stuff. That said, I only have one KAC complete rifle, but if I were as vested as you in uppers with QDC muzzle devices, I would almost certainly go the KAC QDC suppressor route. The mounting system is amazing, and like all other KAC stuff, the cans are bombproof.

To this point, I've pretty much had A2 FH's on all my rifles, with the exception of purchasing a Battlecomp shortly after their release. My Mod 2 has the QDC FH, but other than that, I'm not really motivated to get a suppressor system based on preexisting muzzle devices. Ayan at Boltcarrier.com, whom I've known through the firearms industry here in Central FL, used a thread adapter to put a 7.62 QDC on a SR15, but even he admits that's not really a long term viable answer.

Not having money tied up in muzzle devices, weight, and performance across multiple calibers is why I went with the Omega. You're far more invested in QDC muzzle devices, so I don't blame you for going KAC QDC.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    First, I'll also admit to being more than a little bit biased toward KAC stuff. That said, I only have one KAC complete rifle, but if I were as vested as you in uppers with QDC muzzle devices, I would almost certainly go the KAC QDC suppressor route. The mounting system is amazing, and like all other KAC stuff, the cans are bombproof.

To this point, I've pretty much had A2 FH's on all my rifles, with the exception of purchasing a Battlecomp shortly after their release. My Mod 2 has the QDC FH, but other than that, I'm not really motivated to get a suppressor system based on preexisting muzzle devices. Ayan at Boltcarrier.com, whom I've known through the firearms industry here in Central FL, used a thread adapter to put a 7.62 QDC on a SR15, but even he admits that's not really a long term viable answer.

Not having money tied up in muzzle devices, weight, and performance across multiple calibers is why I went with the Omega. You're far more invested in QDC muzzle devices, so I don't blame you for going KAC QDC.
    I'm in a bit of a pickle when it comes to 308 guns. Only one has a KAC MAMS but all of my other rifles have various other muzzle devices. I love the MAMS, but at $300+ per unit it can get expensive to start upgrading 4 or 5 rifles. In addition, the 762 QDC full size it still unobtanium. Thus, I'm going to wait for a couple of months to see 1) if the 762 QDC actually hits the shelves and 2) will the SF SOCOM-2 hits the market and brings something special to the table.

If the answer is no to both 1 and 2, then I'm probably going to buy a couple Omegas
    Last edited by Sensei; 08-01-2015 at 12:32 PM.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    I'm in a bit of a pickle when it comes to 308 guns. Only one has a KAC MAMS but all of my other rifles have various other muzzle devices. I love the MAMS, but at $300+ per unit it can get expensive to start upgrading 4 or 5 rifles. In addition, the 762 QDC full size it still unobtanium. Thus, I'm going to wait for a couple of months to see 1) if the 762 QDC actually hits the shelves and 2) will the SF SOCOM-2 hits the market and brings something special to the table.

If the answer is no to both 1 and 2, then I'm probably going to buy a couple Omegas
    I said the same thing about this time last year, that if KAC doesn't come out with a single muzzle device for their QDC line, I'd pick up a Saker. At the end of those "few months" we were so close to January that I opted to wait and see what came out at Shot. Honestly, again, I was hoping for a singular KAC mounting device, but instead the Omega was introduced. Not being able to let go of my KAC dream, I waited with hopeless abandon until finally purchasing the Omega two weeks ago.

As much as I love KAC for all their innovative design, thorough R&D/T&E, and superb manufacturing, they don't compete well in the civilian commercial suppressor market. That said, in all fairness, nor do they try.

I am curious about the detent holes for the ceramic ball interface. If carbon gets in some of them, will the can sit lop-sided?

User Tag List