Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Servicemen fought back against Chattanooga terrorist

Servicemen fought back against Chattanooga terrorist

Personally owned weapons, at least one. More tomorrow.

http://www.navytimes.com/story/milit...nman/30426817/

A Navy officer and a Marine fired their sidearms hoping to kill or subdue the gunman who murdered five service members last week in Chattanooga, Tennessee, according to multiple military officials familiar with internal reporting on the tragedy.
    Last edited by LittleLebowski; 07-21-2015 at 07:38 PM.
    #RESIST

It's also unclear why they were armed, as it is against Defense Department policy for anyone other than military police or law enforcement to carry weapons on federal property.
    Because they had not yet reached the level of seniority where obeying a misguided regulation mattered more than the lives of the men under their command.

Okie John

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Personally owned weapons, at least one. More tomorrow.

http://www.navytimes.com/story/milit...nman/30426817/
    Hopefully the servicemen will be commended NOT condemned for their actions. IN the end MooooHamHead got what he deserved, its a DAMM SHAME good guys had to go down. NOT Armed, WTF!

I am glad to read that they at least had a chance to use a weapon.

Fair winds and following seas to the murdered warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by BJXDS View Post
    Hopefully the servicemen will be commended NOT condemned for their actions. IN the end MooooHamHead got what he deserved, its a DAMM SHAME good guys had to go down. NOT Armed, WTF!
    There will be no negative action/words. The official stance is that they retrieved their weapons from their vehicles.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    ...The official stance is that they retrieved their weapons from their vehicles.
    Well, I guess I can work with that from my seat in the stands. DADT v2.

Good for them! It is the only sensible answer to these types of attacks, and if the services try to take action against them they are going to feel a huge backlash from the troops, I think. The idea that our servicemen should be relegated to the role of moving targets for jihadis is beyond ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    Because they had not yet reached the level of seniority where obeying a misguided regulation mattered more than the lives of the men under their command.

Okie John
    FWIW, on this topic:

It was extremely common when I was in for us to keep chambered or "cruiser ready" weapons in our vehicles (including me) because we all knew this shit would be happening some day. One of my buddies kept not only a pistol, but a 12ga at the ready as well. Even our Colonel told us he kept a loaded pistol in his POV. I'd wager it was more common than not....at least in my social circle.

Whether it was a good idea or not, that remains something I still contend with today, as it was explicitly against the rules and would involve a world of hurt if we were caught. Still, I feel like it was ethically and morally the right thing to do, as we had an oath to uphold. Most of us took that oath very seriously. Still, I was shitting skittles more than once when the SRT was at the gate and 4 crushers searched my car along with a pooch.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Well, I guess I can work with that from my seat in the stands. DADT v2.
    See, SIG was just ahead of their time with the rainbow editions.

Seriously, this isn't the first time this has occurred. I have heard two different debriefs on the 2009 Ft. Hood shooting attributing the intial report of additional shooters to soldiers who escaped the processing center and retrieved personal firearms from their vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    See, SIG was just ahead of their time with the rainbow editions.

Seriously, this isn't the first time this has occurred. I have heard two different debriefs on the 2009 Ft. Hood shooting attributing the intial report of additional shooters to soldiers who escaped the processing center and retrieved personal firearms from their vehicles.
    Wow.

I never knew it was so widespread outside of my singular experience.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List