Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The "5" Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Translated that into proper units of measure for you.
    Depending on where you comming from At my side of the world, itīs the proper measure
    Frank B
    "You are not paid for what you do, you are paid for what you may have to do, and when that time comes, you will be highly underpaid."

Quote Originally Posted by Frank B View Post
    Depending on where you comming from At my side of the world, itīs the proper measure
    Which part of the world are you from

#RESIST

from the "asshole" part, of course, regards your map!
    Frank B
    "You are not paid for what you do, you are paid for what you may have to do, and when that time comes, you will be highly underpaid."

I'm "fortunate" enough to be in developed Africa
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

We are diminished
    I'm going to give this a run at the range today (w/ my G17).

It would be more of a challenge with a service pistol if it were "5 pair" (10 shots).

How about taking it to the next step. I know quite a few people who carry an airweight as a BUG and carry for WHO deployment. What would be an acceptable level of accuracy and time for this test WHO?

I shot this last night cold, from concealment, as a warmup; Not really pushing it... focusing on good press outs and sight tracking.

I used a CD-R as a template to trace circles onto the back of a Q target;

Gun: G34 w/ TLR1 Weaponlight, Grip force adapter, Warren Tac Sights
    Holster: Comp-Tac C-Tac Light Bearing IWB
    Cover Garment: Fleece Jacket

Here's my data:

Run 1 - Clean - 3.66 - 2.04/.42/.39/.43/.38
    Run 2 - Clean - 3.53 - 1.98/.36/.35/.42/.42
    Run 3 - Clean - 3.41 - 2.05/.36/.34/.34/.32
    Run 4 - Clean - 3.47 - 1.90/.44/.39/.39/.35
    Run 5 - Clean - 3.63 - 2.10/.47/.39/.36/.31

Avg Run time - 3.54

"I want to see someone running down the street with a sims-gun shrieking 'I am the first revelation' " - SouthNarc

Buddy and I did this drill today at the end of our range session. I used my FS M&P 9mm, CCC shaggy, and CCC BMC under a t shirt. My times averaged between 3.68 sec to 3.94 sec with my worst time being 4.84 seconds due to fumbled draw as the rear of my pistol caught my sweat soaked t-shirt during draw. All were clean runs. My buddy ran faster then me with 1911 in leather holster and carrier under a t-shirt but don't recall his exact times. Seems I lost the sheet with the split times as we were in a rush to clean up and get out of the desert heat.

Looking back I played it safe taking my time just trying to beat 5 seconds and not pushing my self enough. It seemed like a good use of 25 rounds for me and I'll probably add it into my rotation of drills with a modified par time to push myself more. I think 3.5 seconds like others listed earlier in the thread would work good for me right now. Comparing my times against others here in different drills I imagine a lot of people here will be quite a bit faster then my times.

My findings are in line with everybody else's. I need to dial in the shot timer on my Droid and time myself but with the targets set to five seconds face time, the hardest part of this drill was taking my time and using the generous time allotted.

I barely sqeaked by on one round (target below) and then decided to kick it up a notch on a smaller target.

I think changing the allotted time to four seconds would be better for this forum.

Gen4 G19 from AIWB (Shaggy) concealment.

#RESIST

User Tag List