Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The "5" Challenge

We are diminished

The "5" Challenge

Saw this on another forum and thought it would be an interesting test for pistol-forum members. It was opined that very few people could pull this off.

From concealment, draw and hit a 5" circle five times in five seconds from five yards. Try it five times (25 total rounds). Report back on your results.

For simplicity's sake, I created a quick target you can print out on an 8.5x11 sheet of paper:
    circle5inch.pdf

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    It was opined that very few people could pull this off.
    I bet there are many who can do this in < 3s.

A 2 second draw and 4 .75 splits. Seems very possible.
    Doing it clean 5 times in a row may make it interesting.

Challenge accepted! It may be a while before I can get to the range. Dove season is here

Gringop
    Play that song about the Irish chiropodist. Irish chiropodist? "My Fate Is In Your Hands."

We are diminished
    I don't wish to speak to the original commenter (who happens to be a member here) but my guess is that he meant "very few" across a much broader spectrum of shooter than those who frequent pistol-forum.com. I don't doubt that at all. I'm much more interested in how well a group of more serious practitioners performs.

I will give it a try this week.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

So this is a much easier bill drill...
    JP Visual Design

Maybe this weekend........
    #RESIST

Seems like it is not impossible.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

If drill designer would accept a 5.5 inch target, which is a diameter of a black circle of NRA bullseye, then I have definitely done it, but I am not sure if I'd done it 5 times in a row. I use NRA bull to practice my circle drills, with primary goal to keep all in black, and secondary goal to keep it all within larger 8 inch circle. I generally keep all in black with a moderately paced splits. In addition, the closest I am allowed to bring the target in on my range is 7 yards.

I have little doubt that p-f.com members will do fine with this drill. If I can get to run it formally as described above, I'll report my results.
    Last edited by YVK; 09-07-2011 at 07:05 PM. Reason: typo

There is a thread elsewhere where former Rogers Shooting School instructor, Renaissance man and general badass CLAUDE WERNER showed targets he made for this type of drill. I think he just used a large sheet of paper and dusted with spray paint around an old CD disc. Just under 5 inches in diameter, and easily reproduced at the range, where cardboard and spray paint is plentiful.

DOH! Just saw Todd added a target for this!
    Last edited by Sherman A. House DDS; 09-07-2011 at 02:29 PM. Reason: situational awareness fail.

User Tag List