Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Ruger Precision rifle

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I'm not real sure what to think. Atleast they offer it in a 6.5CM! Did you see that weight..kinda confused. It looks like all the other wiz bang chassis rifles but it says ruger on it :/ I bet snipers hide will have a lot of stuff on this rifle. For 1k I don't know if I wouldn't buy a tikka CTR.. Look forward to the reveiws.

Eh.

A 3/4 MOA precision rifle is pretty unremarkable in a world of .5 and .25 MOA guarantees.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Eh.

A 3/4 MOA precision rifle is pretty unremarkable in a world of .5 and .25 MOA guarantees.
    3/4 seems pretty good for a $1300 MSRP rifle. Who has a better accuracy guarantee at anywhere near that price?

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    3/4 seems pretty good for a $1300 MSRP rifle. Who has a better accuracy guarantee at anywhere near that price?
    FWIW, I don't think it was a guarantee....that just looks like their average.

As long as we're talking 3 shot groups:

Remington SPS's are almost half that price and consistently shoot 3/4 MOA.....ditto Tikka's, Sako's, and Savages.

Both of my 70 year old K31s are sub MOA with service issued GP11 ammo.

Edit: reading the article again, looks like they were 5 shot groups. So, yeah, it beats my K31 I bought for $200, as it opens up after 3 rounds.

Still, the other offerings are cheaper with similar performance to the Ruger.
    Last edited by TGS; 07-19-2015 at 11:25 AM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    averaging five consecutive, five-shot groups.
    Five groups of five shots, I wonder how much time elapses between each "consecutive" group. Does the barrel cool back down?

I won't be buying one, I don't have easy access to a range long enough to warrant any of these types of rifles, but LGS says they'll be selling them for a $989.95.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    FWIW, I don't think it was a guarantee....that just looks like their average.

As long as we're talking 3 shot groups:

Remington SPS's are almost half that price and consistently shoot 3/4 MOA.....ditto Tikka's, Sako's, and Savages.

Both of my 70 year old K31s are sub MOA with service issued GP11 ammo.

Edit: reading the article again, looks like they were 5 shot groups. So, yeah, it beats my K31 I bought for $200, as it opens up after 3 rounds.
    It was an average of 5 consecutive 5 shot groups repeated with 3 different types of ammo.

You must be really lucky, because I rarely see any of the above mentioned factory rifles perform that well, especially when using a bipod. Accuracy aside, I think it's awesome that Ruger is selling a rifle, with a street price closer to a nicer chassis, that takes AR barrels and furniture and has a magwell that can take both SR25 pattern and AICS mags

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    ...Accuracy aside, I think it's awesome that Ruger is selling a rifle, with a street price closer to a nicer chassis, that takes AR barrels and furniture and has a magwell that can take both SR25 pattern and AICS mags

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2
    Seriously.

Before learning of this rifle I had little interest In long range precision guns as I simply couldn't afford to do so much as think about them.

This rifle changes that.

I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on one of these.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

If I were a coyote, and lived west of the Mississippi River, I would consider this new Ruger a negative development.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I was at the Range that Ruger announced this gun at.. Got to handle one..

Im Really impressed with it. its a FAR cry from a M77
    3 lug bolt
    70 deg lift
    5R rifling
    Pmag feed
    folding stock
    Adjustable for length and cheek weld
    AR type forearm
    Sweet trigger ( like the accu trigger)

I dry fired it a few times and ran the bolt some very smooth For $1000 bucks Id sure be in on one if I was looking... and I damn near got one in 6.5 Creedmore any way.
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

User Tag List