Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Are Beretta's and HK's the world best bets out of the box?

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Dunno, man; I've seen a couple that were bent beyond repair due to subduing suspects via non-projectile methods, and one heinous wreck where the officer was 10-7

But they were K frames… so you may be right.

I'm personally aware of a fellow Narc who tried to extract a suspect through the side window of a car. Step one was trying to break the window with his 2 1/2" 66. The window didn't break but it did bend the trigger guard bent so much that it blocked the trigger. I wasn't at the scene but handled the revolver later. The trigger guard was mashed in enough to physically prevent pulling the trigger.

Fortunately, the turd was convinced of the seriousness of his situation and decided to give up without a gunfight.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    I'm personally aware of a fellow Narc who tried to extract a suspect through the side window of a car. Step one was trying to break the window with his 2 1/2" 66. The window didn't break but it did bend the trigger guard bent so much that it blocked the trigger. I wasn't at the scene but handled the revolver later. The trigger guard was mashed in enough to physically prevent pulling the trigger.

Fortunately, the turd was convinced of the seriousness of his situation and decided to give up without a gunfight.
    According to internet lore -

If it had been a GP100 or Security Six it would have shattered the window into a thousand pieces and stopped the perp by presence of its mere might and strength when pointed at him.

If it had been a .44 Special N-Frame Smith it would have shattered the window simply by being waved in the general direction of the window and stopped the perp when he realized he was in the presence of a Holy Symbol.

If it had been a Colt Python, the window would have not only bent the trigger guard, it would have smashed the glass-like lockwork inside and rendered the gun completely out of time. The perp, recognizing it was a Colt, would have laughed derisively in your direction and given up because he was laughing so hard and wanted to tell the other inmates the story.

-Rob

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    The Sig 320 is the gun I really want to like. But I'm irritated that Sig promised full modularity up to and including .45 ACP, but failed to deliver on the .45 front (thus far). To me the major advantage of that platform is its modularity. It appeals to my inner obsessive compulsive in a way I can't quite describe. But not being able to have complete modular control is a personal non-starter. That said if someone didn't have the same OCD problems as me, it seems a solid choice.
    I think that Sig made a very big promise without fully appreciating what that meant. The fact the P320 in 45 ACP is not backwards convertible to 9/40/357 doesn't bother me as long as the 45 works and is durable. My only gripe with the P320 is the lack of a factory manual safety. I am not a striker-fired 9mm guy but the P320 sings a very interesting siren song.

There is a lot to like about the P320, especially from the standpoint of an LE duty gun.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    As far as DA/SA guns go, I'd only buy Beretta or HK (nod to Beretta for my favorite DA trigger pull).
    Certainly a bold endorsement from a guy with a screen name of Sigfan26.

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    ... My only gripe with the P320 is the lack of a factory manual safety.
    I asked this when visiting with a company administrator, pointing out that other single action designs, S&W and Springfield Armory, offer manual safety options. I suggested that other single action designs (1911 types) offered manual safety systems inherent to their design. I was told that it was unlikely unless a major agency insisted.

Company focus was getting the gun into LE hands. First effort was pricing them at $250.00 for select customers and giving them to a certain classes of agencies for promotional purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    Certainly a bold endorsement from a guy with a screen name of Sigfan26.
    Lol. I owned a lot of early sigs for quite a while

No it is not the same guy, this happened at the range.

Quote Originally Posted by Highplains45 View Post
    I was told that it was unlikely unless a major agency insisted.
    There are pictures of guns with tweaked slide catch levers and manual safeties that Sig developed for the modular handgun contract. I don't know if they're just mockups but the concept has at least been thought about by Sig.

• It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

I love the 320, and it is my favorite striker.

However, after doing some shirt tail and cord lock testing, as an outgrowth of the LAV AIWB thread, this boy is carrying a DA hammer gun or thumb safety when at all possible. The 320 Compact slide with either the Compact or Carry lower and a thumb safety would seem an ideal uniformed duty, under cover or CCW pistol. It is ironic that essentially a reconfigured Sig 250, that was pretty universally panned, could be the pistol that brings Sig success, again, in the LE market.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Ive been shoooting B92s and P-series HKs for almost four years straight now and I wanted to jump in and say how great they were, once I figured the trs replacement schedule. Then I remembered that my last P30 acquisition has been in an armorer's hands for a week now while he's trying to figure out why it doesn't run normally...It is possible that I effed it up somehow but the verdict is not in yet.

User Tag List