Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blue Falcon - Officer fired for Tampering with colleague's Duty Rifle

Site Supporter

Blue Falcon - Officer fired for Tampering with colleague's Duty Rifle

http://kxan.com/2015/07/17/georgetow...leagues-rifle/

http://kxan.com/2015/07/17/firearms-...-and-ignorant/

A Georgetown TX Police Officer has been "indefinitely suspended" aka fired for intentionally changing the sights on another officers duty rifle to "teach him a lesson" .

I would describe his actions as reckless rather than merely careless. Good riddance.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    http://kxan.com/2015/07/17/georgetow...leagues-rifle/

http://kxan.com/2015/07/17/firearms-...-and-ignorant/

A Georgetown TX Police Officer has been "indefinitely suspended" aka fired for intentionally changing the sights on another officers duty rifle to "teach him a lesson" .

I would describe his actions as reckless rather than merely careless. Good riddance.

I've met a lot of people that needed a lesson. Heck, I know I've needed a lesson a time or
    two. But I've never disliked someone so much that I wanted them to kill someone accidentally via a non-zeroed gun or get killed themselves. With that type of mentality a person should never have any position of authority. Get another job and get some counseling. Sheesh.
    What you do right before you know you're going to be in a use of force incident, often determines the outcome of that use of force.

Makes you wonder what else this BOZO has done that's gone unreported and/or undiscovered. Knowing what I know about people with these character traits, these sorts of things are not isolated incidents. Sadly, another agency somewhere will likely hire him.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

Years ago a very serious individual told me that '' a sniper rifle should be in only two conditions:
    1. locked up and only you have the key,
    2. In your hands.''
    His opinion was that people will mess with your gear through malice, stupidity etc.... and will never own up to having damaged it. If a hostage got killed because of this you are so screwed.
    What I got from him was that if a weapon is out of your hands unsecured you do not know if it is still as you had it zeroed etc.... and must check it when you get it back.
    These conditions may not be possible but are a worthy goal in my opinion.

The officer in question needs the equivalent of a dishonorable discharge, never to be in authority again.

Man alive, what a warped mindset. That's not unlike sabotaging the brakes on a car because you don't like the way someone parks.

Good riddance.

Had this happen with one of our department's patrol rifles (pool guns). I am guessing it was the result of ignorance/stupidity in our case. This was when we ran only irons; the sights had been drifted to the point they shot approximately one foot left at 50 yards.

Intentional? Yeah, good riddance.

That guy has a pattern.
    #RESIST

I can't imagine someone being stupid enough to do that. At the same time, who the hell drives off and leaves their duty rifle at the range?

For agencies that have pool guns or fleet vehicles containing guns, what can you do to combat this? My agency has fleet cars and we shoot anywhere from 2-4 times a year and zero is confirmed, etc. we haven't had an issue yet but I'm sure it'll come eventually. I'd push for personally owned guns but that's an uphill battle.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MD7305 View Post
    For agencies that have pool guns or fleet vehicles containing guns, what can you do to combat this? My agency has fleet cars and we shoot anywhere from 2-4 times a year and zero is confirmed, etc. we haven't had an issue yet but I'm sure it'll come eventually. I'd push for personally owned guns but that's an uphill battle.
    Perhaps I'm misunderstanding, but is there an agency out there with AR-15s as pool guns? I get shotguns, but an AR needs to be zeroed to the individual shooter when running irons. Optics are much more forgiving, but still who isn't running at least back up irons?

User Tag List