Page 34 of 49 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Glock 19 GEN 4 Handguns still unreliable / have design flaws

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Voodoo Man just reported in this thread his 45K round torture test of a Gen 4 G19 - no PM during that period, original RSA. I'll cross post it for future searches.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....9-has-an-issue
    Important to note 1) he also began having issues at about 9-10k ( just past the recommended 7500 round RSA replacement interval) and 2) he had been running an Apex extractor for most of that 45k rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Important to note 1) he also began having issues at about 9-10k ( just past the recommended 7500 round RSA replacement interval) and 2) he had been running an Apex extractor for most of that 45k rounds.
    He was not too specific about what the 9-10K issues were. Wasn't cycling related, just that it was somewhat less accurate.
    Last edited by JHC; 02-12-2016 at 03:52 PM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Even if the brass isn't beaning you in the face, the erratic ejection is distracting as heck. On all the other autopistols I run, I don't have to think about ejection because the ejected case is a blur down low in my vision.

With that goofy Gen4 19, I found myself observing the messed up trajectory of the brass. More than once I thought "WTF?, did that case go LEFT?" or the hot brass dribbled out the ejection port onto my hand/wrist. I'm glad it wasn't my pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Even if the brass isn't beaning you in the face, the erratic ejection is distracting as heck. On all the other autopistols I run, I don't have to think about ejection because the ejected case is a blur down low in my vision.

With that goofy Gen4 19, I found myself observing the messed up trajectory of the brass. More than once I thought "WTF?, did that case go LEFT?" or the hot brass dribbled out the ejection port onto my hand/wrist. I'm glad it wasn't my pistol.
    Did you replace the extractor and/or try the White HRED?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I think the point is some people don't want to have to try different variations of aftermarket parts to make their weapons work reliably. That and the reluctance of the glock techs to actually diagnose the problem without just swapping parts. I think the frustration is that glock has yet to either admit a problem or come up with a viable solution that works across a broader number of weapons. 65,000 weapons a month isn't something to scoff at, but it's not an excuse to turn out a larger number of malfunctioning guns either.
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

First, I don't thing ejection/extraction is one of the strongest attributes of a Glock. In addition, the pistol is relatively lightweight, depends on the magazine as part of the operation, and can be sensitive to ammo and grip.

It really gets down to what you think about Glock pistols. My wife and I have had them since they arrived in the US, they are all my wife shoots, and we have probably had 100 of them over the years.

If a Glock acts up, I fix it, or grab another. If someone isn't long term wedded to Glock pistols, doesn't know how to fix them, or doesn't know people at Glock, they could legitimately feel different and swear them off. Completely understood.

Finally, the combination of the number of Glock pistols made, the amount people shoot these days, and the internet, guarantees we will be hearing more and more about Glock problems.

Glock might need to redesign the extractor, and maybe go towards the larger H&K style, with greater surface area and, more importantly, a longer distance from the pivot point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 9mm_shooter View Post
    Glock might need to redesign the extractor, and maybe go towards the larger H&K style, with greater surface area and, more importantly, a longer distance from the pivot point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ha. I would bet on seeing each Glock sold equipped being with a Gadget and real sights before a redesign like you are suggesting.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Did you replace the extractor and/or try the White HRED?
    Not my pistol, so no,

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Ha. I would bet on seeing each Glock sold equipped being with a Gadget and real sights before a redesign like you are suggesting.
    I agree, but they took a design that was mostly bulletproof in the 9mm platform and then made a design that was less reliable. It should be Glock's challenge to at least match the performance of the older weapons. Oh well, this is why we have choices and manufactures who try and fix problems like Apex and others. In my case, I will buy another brand. I like Glock just fine but if the choice is to tinker on a gun then it will be a 1911 and if I'm going to spend $200 bucks to make it function correctly (not including a glove bevel for winter use) then I will just go out and buy a $700-800 gun in the first place.

User Tag List