Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: M 27's and 28's

This will keep you busy for awhile.

http://smith-wessonforum.com/s-w-rev...er-ranges.html
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    I have a rescued NYSP marked 4" Model 28-2. It's a horse pistol that will readily handle really hot loads up to and including the Skeeter Skelton loads. I've carried it in the woods hunting a few times and keep telling myself I need a better holster/belt combo to carry comfortably for long periods.
    Or...maybe it just to be moved. To me.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Or...maybe it just to be moved. To me.
    I saw your post. Unlike Nyeti I only have a few revolvers, relatively speaking and that's my only N Frame. Unless you have a 4"or 5" model 24, 25, or 29 for trade?
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

I have a couple of 4" 29's, but I can't trade them. How about an FDE G19;-)

Seriously though, if you're open to trading it, I'm sure we can work something out.

I'll think on it. I mean that in all seriousness, not just as a way to put you off. As far as the FDE G19 goes... No thanks.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Nyeti says I also need a 3.5" 27. Sounds good to me. For that matter, I also need a 3" M13.

So who's got em?

I do have an NYPD 3" M64. Placed High Master in the first S&W BUG gun championship with it. Pure luck, as those SS front sights really suck.

Well you know I have a couple of 13's and several 3.5 27's. I will start looking for you.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

I was going to mention the M27 and M28 threads on the S&W forum.

I have a four-inch M28 that was once a Pueblo, CO duty gun. Very accurate and not
    bad to carry in either a Milt Sparks or a El Paso Saddlery "Street Combat" holster.
    I put Pachmayr Presentations on it. I think they accentuate the "all business" look of the M28.

The M28 will not take some 175 grain .357 loads that I acquired. They are too long for the cylinder.
    Fortunately, my Old Model Ruger Blackhawk .357 does just fine with them.

Site Supporter
    IMHO the 5" Is the perfect N frame barrel length. I have a 5" pre 27 and recently sold my 4" 28 to PF member Justintime to fund a 5" 27-2. I also have a 90s vintage 627 5" with a full under lug and a brass bead front.

Ive bought and sold two 6" M27"s and a 4". Nice guns but the 5" is just right. I wouldn't mind a 3 1/2" 27 though.

The 44's and 45's are nice but I can afford to shoot a lot more 38/357.

I have a 3" M65 - a 13 would be nice but black sharpie on the sights helps.

Back in the day I commonly saw 3.5 ish and 5 inch 27's, and 4 inch 28's.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List