Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: M 27's and 28's

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    I had a blued 8 3/8" Model 27 with iron sights for a while back in the early 80s. Even without a scope, it shot like a rifle, which makes sense because it had almost as much sight radius as a 94 Winchester. I remember wading around in the South Canadian River south of Norman, OK, with it one August afternoon. It had been hotter than usual so the water was really low, and I stumbled onto a bunch of carp stuck in a little pool that was so shallow their dorsal fins were sticking out of the water. A few cylinders of hot 125-grain handloads turned them into chum. The coons and the turtles ate well that night.

Okie John

Site Supporter
    I admit that I am really happy with my 520. How often do you get to correct past mistakes? Before he died; my uncle gave me his 8 3/8 inch model 27 complete with a shoulder holster. I'm glad I never sold that one.

Site Supporter
    I recently picked up a Pre Model 27 cut to 3.5". I haven't got to shoot it yet, but the trigger feels amazing and the gun is amazingly balanced. My buddy is my FFL and I had him shoot it at his range before I picked it up and he said it was pretty dead nuts accurate. I just need to find a good holster. I got a decent el paso saddlery holster given to me, but not sure I like it. Also does anyone know if they make a safari land speed loader for it? The only N frame ones I can find are for .44s. The HKS loaders are the only ones I can find and I am not a huge fan of those.

Here is the crappy iPhone pic as I don't have a real camera:

Yes I've got a couple M27 HKS speed loaders from way back. They made them once.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Safariland used to make them, they were my prefered choice when I carried an M27 as a duty weapon.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

You guys are making me wish I had kept this one

Name:  S&Wmodel28.jpg
Views: 536
Size:  46.6 KB
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Shot my 627 yesterday. Very nice shooter (PC action job on it), but the 8 rds are counfounding me. At first, shooting my plate rack, I thought 8 was a pain, since you have to reload every run and then manage the 2 extra rds. Then I missed a plate a run or two and thought the 8 rds were nice to have!

To Do List:

1. Search the homestead for Dad's Magna grips for his Pre-27 he carried in Korea.
    2. Tyler T-grips.
    3. Take pics of the twins to post here.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    You guys are making me wish I had kept this one
    You sold a Model 28? Isn't that a misdemeanor or something--particularly in Kansas?

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Shot my 627 yesterday. Very nice shooter (PC action job on it), but the 8 rds are counfounding me. At first, shooting my plate rack, I thought 8 was a pain, since you have to reload every run and then manage the 2 extra rds. Then I missed a plate a run or two and thought the 8 rds were nice to have!
    8 shot revolver USPSA is the most fun I've had shooting action pistol in a long time.

User Tag List