Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: S&W 25-2 Effector .45 ACP (Jovino)

S&W 25-2 Effector .45 ACP (Jovino)

A man can dream. Just discovered these. About the coolest revolver I've ever seen.
    Anyone here own one or have any good stories?
    This one is on GB if you must.

Attachment 3617

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=495014695

One of the last guns I need to check off my list of "revolvers I want" is a Jovino 25-5 in .45 Colt. In their day they were awesome combat guns. Think about the era of the 2" k frame, or Detective Specials as concealment guns, especially for plainclothes cops, and now compare that to one of these big bore monsters. We had one detective who carried one in .45 Colt in a shoulder rig. I have wanted on since I first saw them in Combat handguns magazine back in the mid 80's.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Here you go DB...

Attachment 3618

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=495015223

These short barrel N frames are my favorite.

That particular seller has some very nice S&W revolvers listed - over 50, in fact.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

Quote Originally Posted by 41magfan View Post
    That particular seller has some very nice S&W revolvers listed - over 50, in fact.
    Very true. Awesome stuff!

There is a particular lawman from somewhere down south who's got one of these. Perhaps he will wander in...

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?t=8930
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Quote Originally Posted by BOM View Post
    There is a particular lawman from somewhere down south who's got one of these. Perhaps he will wander in...

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?t=8930
    Him and I will need to talk. I will be there in August.....with a checkbook. I saw the nickel one, and it looks nice, but hard to put a value on an unknown. They are guessing on the builder,but it does look good. Most of these auctions go fairly nuts and well see what he price is in a couple days.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.

I used to shop at Jovino's when it was still open and I was living in NYC. I have to admit, I never thought his work was that good, though the concepts were pretty good for the day. Although, by the time I got there, it is possible that a different smith was doing the work, IDK. The shop was pretty run down.

Also in the FWIW category, I have never cared for 45 acp or 9mm recoil out of a revolver. It seems that the more traditional revolver cartridges have a nicer impulse. Has anyone else felt the same thing or am I crazy?

eta: I guess the shop is still open in some capacity. Amazing, given what it was like the last time I was there.
    Last edited by SLG; 07-15-2015 at 06:42 PM.

Those snubs were made back in the early 80's and were sort of the precursors to the Lew Horton guns. These were based on the work Austin Behlert was doing. I doubt that the same people building the early Jovino guns were around even past the mid nineties. Once the gun companies figure some of the customs out, it usually kills the custom market. Once Smith started doing these the custom shops slowed down. Magna port is likely the best bet these days.

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    One of the last guns I need to check off my list of "revolvers I want" is a Jovino 25-5 in .45 Colt. In their day they were awesome combat guns. Think about the era of the 2" k frame, or Detective Specials as concealment guns, especially for plainclothes cops, and now compare that to one of these big bore monsters. We had one detective who carried one in .45 Colt in a shoulder rig. I have wanted on since I first saw them in Combat handguns magazine back in the mid 80's.
    You mean one of these?

I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

User Tag List