Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: A true lawman's revolver

I'd be in on a set of Rogers-esque K/L frame grips. I had a set exactly like Nyeti's dirty pic on my first 586. I thought they looked like crap when a gunsmith friend told me to try them, but they felt great.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    I would be all over some G10 versions of the Rogers/Safariland stocks!
    Wayne, this is a friend of a friend thing. I'lldefinitely ask - he's a dude over on Foat Wuth that made some really nice scales for a a pair of Spyderco Mules. I know he prefers working with linen micarta over G10, due to the hazardous issues associated with grinding G10.

If this works out, with the linen micarta, maybe he'll do G10? I'll hunt him down through my friend and ask. If somebody loans me a pair of the grips, I'll pay for the first set. Might be a fun raffle prize at the Revolver Roundup/Summit/Cookout/BeerBust.

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Yep.

Yea,those cops in the 30's with the Wolf & Klar "engraving" were not my cop of tea, but they did kill a ton of bad guys with them in what they perceived as style.
    Darryl, let me know when you want me to wander over and pick them up.

BTW, I got that JRC SSA for the Ruger you sold me. Es muy bueno!

I got a Grail gun today. Top gun is a all original nickel 1926 Wolf & Klar 3rd Model HE with the W&K Mother of Pearl steerhead stocks with ruby eyes. Hard to find non-engraved 4". It is shown with the gun from the original post wearing museum grade reproduction service stocks. Enjoy....these are the guns of serious gunfighter's in serious times.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Wow.......
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Some beautiful revolvers in this thread!

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    I really should get my ugly 3rd Model .44 H.E. lettered. It's plainly a Providence, Rhode Island PD gun.

Name:  44 he 3rd model.jpg
Views: 515
Size:  92.8 KB
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Two problems...first, you really need to remove those grips from that gun.....it's an abomination.

Second, I think Roy Jinks was let go by Smith & Wesson, apparently some genius at S&W felt he was "unqualified" to be the historian at Smith. I don't know if you can still get letters.
    Last edited by Dagga Boy; 07-28-2016 at 08:53 PM.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Two problems...first, you really need to remove those grips from that gun.....it's an abomination.
    1) Some of us are starving artists and have to get around to things as we can.

2) You should see what was on that poor thing when I bought it off some cat walking past at the Indy 1500...(for $350! )

PS: Have any need for a hideous pair of N-square yellowing plastic "stag" grips missing big chunks at the corners? I'll make you a good price.
    Last edited by Tamara; 07-28-2016 at 09:22 PM.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Site Supporter
    Second, I think Roy Jinks was let go by Smith & Wesson, apparently some genius at S&W felt he was "unqualified" to be the historian at Smith. I don't know if you can still get letters.
    What the hell?! One time Mr. Jinks sent me a letter on a S&W 1911 that said its first owner was Gary Paul Johnson. Not a huge deal, but somewhat interesting. The gun was marked SW1911PD, but had a steel frame. It was built before the 'PD' became part of the nomenclature for Scandium pistols. How else would I have known any of that?
    Last edited by Robinson; 07-28-2016 at 09:29 PM.

User Tag List