Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: A true lawman's revolver

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    The Coens would do an awfully good job.
    If anybody ever does it, I hope they stay close to the actual source material and not get all interpretive.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    Sounds like Stephen hunter needs to write another book. I am rereading Hot Springs right now.
    Ah, my favorite Earl Swagger novel. All three were pretty good though. Pale Horse Coming was a dark story, but wheelguns!

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Ah, my favorite Earl Swagger novel. All three were pretty good though. Pale Horse Coming was a dark story, but wheelguns!
    I read Pale Horse Coming (awesome) and Havana (not bad), still need to read Hot Springs.

Site Supporter
    I may have posted this before but I don't remember but here's my Wolf & Klar 44.

It left s&w headed to Wolf & Klar in 1929. It has been beat and used up. The cylinder was closed Hollywood style and damaged the recoil shield. It was refinished in nickel and is flaking. The hand was worn out and didn't carry up. I still had to have it. So I bought it. worked on it and shot it. It shot patterns not groups. I looked over more closely and noticed the hostler wear on the muzzle had worn into the crown. So I recut the crown and restored the accuracy.

I must be weird but I'm just drawn to old guns that have been carried for years and show it. I wished I knew its history.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by serialsolver View Post
    I may have posted this before but I don't remember but here's my Wolf & Klar 44.

It left s&w headed to Wolf & Klar in 1929. It has been beat and used up. The cylinder was closed Hollywood style and damaged the recoil shield. It was refinished in nickel and is flaking. The hand was worn out and didn't carry up. I still had to have it. So I bought it. worked on it and shot it. It shot patterns not groups. I looked over more closely and noticed the hostler wear on the muzzle had worn into the crown. So I recut the crown and restored the accuracy.

I must be weird but I'm just drawn to old guns that have been carried for years and show it. I wished I knew its history.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SS, that is AWESOME! It is far more impressive to me than a NIB example could ever be.

I purchased this model 10 in the early 1990's from co-worker who carried it for 25 years on the NYPD. You can see the wear on the right grip. The left grip is worn completely smooth. I'm not sure what it is about this gun but I shoot it VERY well. During a recent outing I was hitting an 8"x11" steel plate at 65 yards with it.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    I read Pale Horse Coming (awesome) and Havana (not bad), still need to read Hot Springs.
    You really should.

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    Sounds like Stephen hunter needs to write another book. I am rereading Hot Springs right now.
    That would be a really good direction for Hunter for his next few books. I feel like he's sort of worn out the modern day settings with Bob Lee.

Stopped at the Texas Ranger Hall of Fame and Museum today. Here's a couple of 1926 models that were on display, including one that belonged to Lone Wolf Gonzaullas.

Great stuff. The Ranger Museum is awesome, especially if you like guns.

Here is my 3.5" model 27 with factory N frame Combat Grips (that bring insane money these days). This is what SLG needs.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

That is great looking. I do think that stag grips with a grip adaptor might be the way to go for me though. I resisted putting ivory on my 10mm 1911, but I don't know if I can resist on the future 27.

User Tag List