Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A true lawman's revolver

Great pics of great revolvers. Most people don't realize the pre-war gunfighters killed far more people than those of the 19th century west. They came from hard as nails upbringing in an era when dead was as good as captured.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Great pics of great revolvers. Most people don't realize the pre-war gunfighters killed far more people than those of the 19th century west. They came from hard as nails upbringing in an era when dead was as good as captured.
    Yep, and it wasn't just bad guys...many of the cops were corrupt as well. I would imagine it was like Mexico is today,where being a good guy is a target rich environment, but dangerous on all sides.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

That era of Oklahoma lawmen is PRIME untapped movie material.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    I got bored once, and "semi-Fitzed" a 442 I had lying around. I did the "Jordan modification" to the trigger guard- where you thin down the front half of the trigger guard substantially, but don't cut it off- chopped a quarter of an inch off the butt, and did a few other smoothings & roundings here and there… then sent it off to Walter Birdsong (RIP) for Black T.

The result is a pretty nifty pocket piece, which is a bit more concealable than your basic garden-variety J frame.
    Pics?
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

I don't have "permission" to post them here. I do have some, though; send me your e-mail via PM and I'll forward them.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    That era of Oklahoma lawmen is PRIME untapped movie material.
    The Coens would do an awfully good job.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Yep, and it wasn't just bad guys...many of the cops were corrupt as well. I would imagine it was like Mexico is today,where being a good guy is a target rich environment, but dangerous on all sides.
    You can read Charles Askins, Jr's biography for a taste of what went on.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by LtDave View Post
    You can read Charles Askins, Jr's biography for a taste of what went on.
    A more appropriately-titled book has never been written.

There are several books on the 1900-1940's Texas Rangers that give a great accounting of that era.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Site Supporter
    Sounds like Stephen hunter needs to write another book. I am rereading Hot Springs right now.

User Tag List