Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Training Gun Disarms With Loaded Pistol...

Quote Originally Posted by Lomshek View Post
    I'm sure the Israelis have some techniques that make sense but the more "Israeli combat tactics/equipment" I see the more I shake my head. I suspect they win wars because of their incredible spirit & motivation and not because of their small arms training. Better than inshallah doesn't mean much.
    Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    Personally I suspect they win wars because their enemies fight one step above the liberian lifejacket brigade.
    My Middle East time consisted of one month in Egypt back in '83, but people with more recent, and wider, experience whose judgment I trust point out that the Israeli military is a) conscript, and b) primarily reserve/militia, and that they are generally at the level of a really good US/UK/Canadian Reserve unit pre-2001. One of them used the expression "A AAA team, playing junior high."
    So, yeah, "Better than Inshallah/one step above Liberian Lifejacket Brigade" sums it up.
    (I miss the old Brit Blog "Free Market Fairy Tales" with his running feature/competition "African Infantryman Of The Year." Regularly had to defend himself against accusations of racism, of course.)
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Here in south america every israeli guy that comes to sell self defense/shooting/security techniques was (when in service, if you would believe them) the best of the best of the HSLD operators their country had to offer... buyer beware

Somewhere in Israel a guy is looking at that and is thankful "Avi Yeager" is teaching elsewhere.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

This thread, in a nutshell, is one of the reasons I like this forum so much. As someone who is not up to speed on who is and who is not a reputable trainer, I can learn very quickly who is and who is not -- and, more importantly, why. In this case, "the why" is obvious, but in some cases, it is not. Having people recognized within the industry who are experts makes the signal-to-noise ratio so much higher. The threads that tend to help me the most are those when there are differences of opinion, backed by explanation, of why something is "good" or "not-so-good" from two or more of those experts.

So, please, please keep pointing out the "not so good" as it really benefits lots of us who just lurk here.

User Tag List