Thread: Because it makes me giggle.

Because it makes me giggle.

Much like coldcase and his Spas 12, the number 1 reason that I have this is that it puts a smile on my face.

I've never been a "cool guy" nor had a "cool guy job", the only time I've gotten to play with NFA items is when going to the range with someone that owns them (the owner of Red State Tactical does have a really neat DD Mk18). I put this together as cheaply as practical, to satisfy that urge without having to deal with the BATFE. No, it will never replace my carbine as my go-to, but it does usually end up in the range bag whenever I make the trip.

FWIW.....

PSA lower, Radical Firearms upper, BCM grip, Guntec M-Lok rail (picked up for $70 on eBay), Damage Industries blast/flash projector, and Aim Surplus NiB BCG.

Missing suppressor.
    #RESIST

Well, he did say he was trying to *avoid* dealing with the BATFE, so I imagine that's why there's no suppressor...

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Well, he did say he was trying to *avoid* dealing with the BATFE, so I imagine that's why there's no suppressor...

That's what the duct tape and oil filter are for.

(Note to anyone who is actually concerned: that previous statement was made in jest, I've never nor do I ever, intend to create any illegal NFA items.)

Very neat little setup there.

2 questions....

1. Which rail is that? - ETA: Just read your description. I'll have to look Gun Tec up. I like the rail.
    2. How long is the barrel? Is there something inside the handguard that I'm not seeing as a muzzle device? (alright, so that's 3 questions)

Quote Originally Posted by rauchman View Post
    Very neat little setup there.

2 questions....

1. Which rail is that? - ETA: Just read your description. I'll have to look Gun Tec up. I like the rail.
    2. How long is the barrel? Is there something inside the handguard that I'm not seeing as a muzzle device? (alright, so that's 3 questions)
    Thanks.

On the rail, it locks up tight, but the M-lok sections are not quite perfect. The magpul m-lok xtm panels clip onto the rail, but there's a tiny bit of play there. If my option were between the $110 Guntec rail (what they usually go for) or the $160 ALG Defense rail, I'd go with the ALG. But like I said, I found this one on eBay for seventy bucks.....figured I'd at least try it out.

The barrel is 10" and the muzzle device (blast/flash "projector") is 2". The muzzle device actually ends about 1mm short of the rail.

Here's a link to the muzzle device...
    http://damageindustriesllc.com/produ...r-12-x-28-mk-i

And here's my small family of ARs.

Carbine, pistol, and plinker.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Thanks.

On the rail, it locks up tight, but the M-lok sections are not quite perfect. The magpul m-lok xtm panels clip onto the rail, but there's a tiny bit of play there. If my option were between the $110 Guntec rail (what they usually go for) or the $160 ALG Defense rail, I'd go with the ALG. But like I said, I found this one on eBay for seventy bucks.....figured I'd at least try it out.

The barrel is 10" and the muzzle device (blast/flash "projector") is 2". The muzzle device actually ends about 1mm short of the rail.

Here's a link to the muzzle device...
    http://damageindustriesllc.com/produ...r-12-x-28-mk-i
    Appreciate the info. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    ................... the number 1 reason that I have this is that it puts a smile on my face.
    And that is all the reason anyone needs.

User Tag List