Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another Traveler To NJ Gets Arrested. This One While Doing Disaster Relief.

Site Supporter

Another Traveler To NJ Gets Arrested. This One While Doing Disaster Relief.

NC Tower Climber Arrested In NJ For Possessing Firearm; This Man Needs A Pardon, And Our Help

On the night of June 28, Brian was waiting in a parking lot with his men and trucks to await further word on the next tower. A New Jersey police officer pulled up behind his truck and inquired as to what he was doing. According to Fletcher, they discussed the disaster relief work and so forth. It was then Fletcher handed over his ID and did what any law abiding citizen of North Carolina would do (N.C. Gen. Stat. § 14-415.12A.) – inform the officer that he had a firearm in his vehicle.

And that is where it quickly spirals downhill.
    Links to petition and NJ legislators in linked article.

WWCCD?
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

And what have we learned?

Stay the hell out of Jersey.

All of the above. However, knowing the law where you are is kinda important too.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    All of the above. However, knowing the law where you are is kinda important too.
    See, this whole thing just makes me angry.

Stupid laws, but stupid is as stupid does. Just because it's NJ apparently means people come here and become insta-idiots and run their mouths to cops about doing something that is clearly against state laws if anyone would have 5 seconds to check and half a brain. When I was a Virginia resident on a Virginia CHP I didn't assume everywhere had the same laws, and there were plenty of places I travelled through that did not honor my CHP.....NJ only being one of them. Many of them were gun-friendly states, even.

I seriously doubt this guy had zero clue that NJ gun laws were strict, and it obviously freaking behooves you to not be a dimwit and look up applicable laws to where you're going.

The whole thing just reeks of stupidity.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

I live in NJ 10 min west of NYC. Yes, the laws absolutely suck. But this guy didn't have to say anything. I know people that carry in direct violation of the law. As long as you don't say anything, how would anyone know. I have to assume that once an NJ LEO is told by someone that they are breaking the law, the LEO must arrest that person.

The upside to this is.....

I've participated in 2 petitions to free someone that had a legally carried firearm from another state. Both those people were pardoned by CC. That's not a blanket statement to say that if you get caught with a firearm, get a petition going and you'll be free'd.

Also, on NPR a couple of days ago, they were talking about CC's presidential bid and what's happening in NJ now. CC is putting together a panel to review current NJ firearms laws and see if they compy constitutionaly. We'll see what happens.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rauchman View Post
    CC is putting together a panel to review current NJ firearms laws and see if they compy constitutionaly. We'll see what happens.
    I wonder how long that panel will take?

Why now and not 2010?

Hooey. Not buyin' it.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

New Jersey......the opposite of Texas in every way shape and form. After my last brief incursion to the Newark airport (the only place worse in my life was being held captive briefly by the Nicarauguan Army in the mid 70's in the Managua airport in the mid 70's...and that may have been better)...I will never even take a flight that goes near the place in case we may have to land. I simply look at New Jersey as Syria......a place that hates me, and I am smart enough to not go to.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

It's unfortunate that more LEO's don't exercise some enforcement discretion in these matters as I considered it my duty to do so. The most important element of being an effective gate keeper is knowing who needs a tongue lashing, who needs a spanking and who needs to be shot.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

I know enough about NJ / NY laws that I never want to go there for any reason. Heck, I was in a handgun class a few years back with some NJ LEOs who basically told me to avoid the state for any reason, it sucked that much.

*No offense intended to our NJ PF members, of course.*

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    I wonder how long that panel will take?

Why now and not 2010?

Hooey. Not buyin' it.
    I don't buy it either. He ran on a pro-AWB platform, for crying outloud.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List