Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 9mm Duty Ammunition

9mm Duty Ammunition

My department will be switching from .40 Glocks to 9mm Glocks (mostly 17s with a few 19s and 26s for the investigators/admins). We are also looking to purchase Sig MPXs (8" barrels) for use on our ATVs/Motorcycles. All cruisers have AR15s and shotguns, the MPXs would only be for special assignments.

In sticking with the Winchester Ranger line, would there be a preference in round selection? I would like to standardize on one specific round if at all possible. I'm guessing that either their 124+Ps or their 147s should be GTG but I wanted to make sure the extra length of the MPX barrel won't push the bullet velocity beyond its limits.

Thank you for any insight.

Pm Doc or look at his ammo section on the forum. Glad to see another department switch.

Doc will probably tell you what is best by data.

My PD switched to HST for 9mm/40/45 for out g17's and mp5's.

Good results thus far...
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

The Win RT or RB line is designed to work out of a wide range of barrel lengths. There should not be any problems with using them out of longer SMG barrel. I would advise using the Ranger Bonded 147gr JHP if possible for better auto body penetration.

anyone know of a better source then sgammo to find jhp rounds? Seem to be sold out everywhere.

Try Tactical Defense Solutions.

I'm not sure of there exact geographic coverage area but if you're LE, Precision Delta will sale you Winchester Ranger. 800-337-3621.

We tested 147gr Rangers RA9T out of some carbines a few years ago and the performance was on par with the pistols. I don't remember the exact chrono result, but the long barrels didn't result in much extra velocity.

Your best bet is to run them through a chrono, LE ammo is pretty well tuned for pistol length barrels and I doubt the longer barrel is going to make have any significant impact on velocity.

Awesome, thank you guys for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    anyone know of a better source then sgammo to find jhp rounds? Seem to be sold out everywhere.
    Ammunition depot; what they display is what they have in stock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I'm a tactical operator and Instructor and also retired military."

-read on another forum

If you are LE, then Kiesler's Police Supply gives the largest discount if it is in stock.

User Tag List