Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fashion plate carry at the tire store

Site Supporter

Fashion plate carry at the tire store

So one of my tires goes blatt. Off to the tire store and there is a wait for the fix. Sitting there I watch the line and read a book (Gabriel Allon story). So one old dude comes in wearing camo pants and for some reason a cheap piece of crap holster uncovered as a cross draw - no gun. Why?

Another old dude - camo pants, filthy shoot me first vest and big old Ruger belt buckle. Vest is caught on one side over big old fixed blade knife.

I had my typical t-shirt with a big old floppy hot weather fishing shirt covering the hardware. Much more stylish, IMHO.

Can't wait for OC with these guys.

Site Supporter
    I'm thinking about printing up cards to hand out. Still working on language.

"Just because OC is legal doesn't mean you don't look like an ass carrying like that" (maybe too confrontational? double-negatives too confusing?)
    "Yes, OC is legal, but you still look stupid doing it like that." (similarly confrontational?)
    "OC.... It's clearly not for everyone." (too open ended?)

Suggestions welcome.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    "OC: For when you just feel the need to carry a gun AT someone"

On another forum, a guy looking for concealment ideas was concerned a fishing shirt/Hawaiian shirt, etc., that folks were recommending would look sloppy.

He posted a picture of himself in his normal gear, a pair of torn cargo shorts, and an old greasy XXXL t-shirt that was maybe an X or two, too small. Anything would have looked neater than what he normally wore, especially a fishing shirt or Hawaiian shirt. He ended up choosing a tactical vest that also looked bad, but at least it covered up most of his awful t-shirt.

I thought fishing shirts were super lame until I became a dad and realized there are some real advantages to a light, cool, quick drying shirt that didn't show milk stains.

Now I'm trying to find some that are suitable for work and church.

Quote Originally Posted by TR675 View Post
    I thought fishing shirts were super lame until I became a dad and realized there are some real advantages to a light, cool, quick drying shirt that didn't show milk stains.
    http://www.target.com/p/lansinoh-dis...t/-/A-14009931

الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Ha!

Walked right into that one.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TR675 View Post

Now I'm trying to find some that are suitable for work and church.
    Not sure of your work/church standards but these are a little nicer than the typical Bass Pro /Academy fishing shirt.

http://www.gameguard.net

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post

Can't wait for OC with these guys.
    Yup, gonna be ugly.
    #RESIST

For RoyGBiv:

You don't have to carry OC to look like a douche. (too subtle & confrontational?)

For Glenn:

Which Allon book? Love that series and haven't read him in a while.
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

User Tag List