Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre-Workout Supplements

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    If you're willing to elaborate a little more I'd be interested to hear it.

If I do anything in the AM it's coffee with butter and coconut oil, roughly 250-300 calories worth.

Bullet proof coffee! You are a genius!
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    I lift in the morning so just coffee for me.
    How early in the morning? Fasted exercise usually leaves me feeling like I have the flu for the rest of the day. My hyperhidrosis probably plays a role in that; I don't know how to prove it, but I'm fairly confident my electrolytes are screwed up, unless I eat first.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    I've known of three people that died from pre workouts, so I avoid them.
    I'm extremely sorry to hear that. I remember in the late '90's, early '00's, there was a huge push against ephedrine / ephedra for very similar reasons. They may even be banned now, I don't know.

Was the pre-existing complications they had ever explicitly identified? And - I genuinely hate to ask - but is it possible they exceeded the recommended dosage? Stuff like N.O.-Xplode is extremely potent. In his prime, Ronnie Coleman only used three scoops, and the recommended dosage is two. I can't take more than one, or I'm bouncing off the walls.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Cope.
    Does that unit of measure equal one scoop, or two? Seriously, I get much better workouts with the right supplement, and I think the expense is worth it.

If I do anything in the AM it's coffee with butter and coconut oil, roughly 250-300 calories worth.
    At present, it's been late morning, or no later than 2:00pm. I try and workout when I hit that "mid-afternoon slump" in my energy level, otherwise my productivity just takes a dive with nothing to show for it.

Most of that market is sugar and caffeine in order to make people feel like they took something.
    Yep. That's why I'm trying to do some research.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

I'm extremely sorry to hear that. I remember in the late '90's, early '00's, there was a huge push against ephedrine / ephedra for very similar reasons. They may even be banned now, I don't know.

Was the pre-existing complications they had ever explicitly identified? And - I genuinely hate to ask - but is it possible they exceeded the recommended dosage? Stuff like N.O.-Xplode is extremely potent. In his prime, Ronnie Coleman only used three scoops, and the recommended dosage is two. I can't take more than one, or I'm bouncing off the walls.

Oh its fine man! I hardly knew any of them. Two were found to have family members with extensive heart issues (much like my family) and as far as I was told both had unknow heart problems that were identified after they died. The third was because he took it in a way it was not intended.

@ Chance - I've trained my PT at 0500 for many years. No better time for it IMO. I train on an empty stomach but the prior on waking pinch of snuff, and get along ok but at my age I'm not setting any records either. But years ago I tried some specialized supps and I think they have merit. I'm just too cheap for it now. Shifting my vice money to Cope and rye as it is.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    yesssssss
    Here you go

“Dipping and abuse of pre-workout supplements are both cultural trademarks of the military,” a GNC internal memorandum says. “By combining the two, our company hopes to help America field a force of stronger, angrier warriors with a litany of bizarre heart conditions.”

Read more: http://www.duffelblog.com/2015/02/gn...#ixzz3f9c0xxDj

Tobaccospode works through a proprietary blend of supplements and a hybridized strain of nicotine derived from the botanical fusion of tobacco and poppy flowers grown in a medium of gunpowder, bull fertilizer, and bald eagle claws.

Along with the nicotine blend, codenamed “Max Nicoffeinol,” the dip also includes Creatine, Taurine, Semenine, L-Citrulline, L-Arginine, L-Powernine, Rad Dopeanine and Splenda. Chemical absorption of Max Nicoffeinol through oral cell membranes is expedited by GNC’s proprietary blend of added fiberglass and porcelain shards, which cut a bunch of holes in your mouth so the dip can just shit drugs right into your bloodstream.
    Last edited by JHC; 07-06-2015 at 05:47 PM.

Ive used a Dynamite stuff from Monkey Nutrition. It is so super that you have to rotate it on and off. It has 11 pills and, among other things, a deer antler in it. Deer antler.

Other than making me slightly sick, I've not noticed much of an effect.

Currently taking the Optimum Nutrition pre workout. Definitely feel a boost after taking it, although I do get the side effect of Paresthesia for 1-2 hours after taking it. Leaves me feeling a little dehydrated so I drink a lot of water after taking it (usually 1L on the way to the gym). I only take it when I go to the gym on the weekends because I probably wouldnt be able to sleep if I took it before an after work gym session.

I've used http://musclepharm.com/store/all-products/assault/

Don't take it near bed time. I go a little under the recommended dose and it's still like rocket fuel.

Okie John

I had a heart condition called AFib a few years back. I still have PVC's so I stay away from pre workout supplements. Back in my 20's I took a supplement called Superpump 250, about 20 minutes after taking it I was spun, pacing and ready to wreck the gym. Gave me amazing workouts. While working graves I took a pre workout supplement called "Fast Twitch" to help me stay awake (bad idea). I ended up in the ER with sever stomach pain, it took dilaudid to easy my pain to a manageable level. Be careful with the stuff.

User Tag List