Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pre-Workout Supplements

Will be 63 years old in a few Months... coffee that's it has worked for me since the 70's.
    My 3rd set of 10 Reps with 100 pound Dumbbells on the Incline ...1 cup of coffee.
    http://vid925.photobucket.com/albums...pspfgfrh3k.mp4

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Just coffee. I am already on 20mg dextroamphetamine ER qd (prescribed for ADD) so I don't exactly need much help in the stimulant department. Don't even use creatine these days.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Ive used a Dynamite stuff from Monkey Nutrition. It is so super that you have to rotate it on and off. It has 11 pills and, among other things, a deer antler in it. Deer antler.
    Seriously? What does deer antler have in it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sasage View Post
    I used Cellucor C4 before but it can leave you feeling jittery http://www.amazon.com/Cellucor-Extre.../dp/B005RCDW8S
    I think I'll give this a try, then cycle around to the other suggestions posted here.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Mitchum View Post
    Will be 63 years old in a few Months... coffee that's it has worked for me since the 70's.
    My 3rd set of 10 Reps with 100 pound Dumbbells on the Incline ...1 cup of coffee.
    I hate you. What kind of smith machine is that?
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Mitchum View Post
    that's sick. My right elbow screams at me with 60's nowadays and that's for flat.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    that's sick. My right elbow screams at me with 60's nowadays and that's for flat.
    my elbow does the same thing but because of weakness at the age of 24

Site Supporter
    My pre-workout nutrition is mostly for glycogen stores, and I prefer to foods to synthetic chemicals/powders/etc.

It's usually oatmeal, local honey, brown sugar and sometimes dates.
    Last edited by JV_; 07-07-2015 at 05:42 PM.

Bought the ingredients to "roll my own" (trying it for the first time Thursday.
    1 RockStar Zero (250 mg Caffine)
    3 Tbsp Honey (Might Sub Brown Rice Syrup if I can find it)
    2 grams Beta Alanine
    500mg L-Arganine
    1600mg BCAA

Another 1600mg BCAA and 500mg L-Arganine half way through

Epic Beef-Apple-Baccon bar immediately after.

We'll see how it all works. I'm trying to get away from anything that doesn't let me know EXACTLY how much of each ingredient I'm taking. The last Pre Workout I was using simply listed "Energy Blend 1940mg" then the ingredients in the energy blend, but no other specifics on the portions.

Also, the Epic protein bars are kinda awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Seriously? What does deer antler have in it?
    Seriously. https://monkeynutritionusa.myshopify...ducts/dynamite

And I have no effin idea. Something to make me horny, I presume.

I'm in the "steer away from anything chemical crowd" as well. Heck, after I finish this batch of protein, that's the last of it on that front for me as well. Time and time again, legit people who study their butts off on this keep saying the same stuff- rely on actual nutrients from real food. In all my .mil time, garrison and deployed, I was one of the weirdos who never(okay, rarely) took any artificial energy stuff. The few times I did, it was a can of Kill Cliff because it was the only thing I liked and it didn't send my heart into my throat.

In regards to pre workout, for years now I've been using a mix which has never failed me. Whole grain toast, with however much all natural peanut butter (ingredients list should simply say PEANUTS, Trader Joe's and the like carry many brands) as you wish, German Honey (because it too has a Reinheitsgebot, or locally sourced, natural honey will do the same), topped off with some Saigon cinnamon (again it should be very fine cinnamon, not the McCormicks can from your local grocer). TJ Maxx and Marshall's almost always have legit Saigon on the shelves for cheap. Sometimes I'll throw in a banana, sometimes not.

How the mix comes together to create sustained, natural energy is quite simple. The PB gives you medium digesting protein and fills you up. The bread has the carbs. The honey has the natural and clean sugar for that little pick me up. The cinnamon is a natural anti-inflammatory which kicks into overdrive with the honey during your workout. Lots of solid antioxidant properties as well. In sum, it has the sustained energy I need for my workouts, but also cleanses as well as suppresses harmful effects during them.

Have also heard nothing but solid things about Bullet Proof Coffee, just haven't tried it yet due to my preference for tea, and disgust for coffee.
    You don't gotta love it. You just gotta do it.

User Tag List