Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ATT Next Family Plan?

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    I have 3 smart phones and a tablet on the ATT 10GB plan, total is right at $200/month once all the taxes and Obama phone subsidies are tacked on.
    I bought all my phones and tablet outright on Amazon.
    That's almost double what I'm paying with Tmobile.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by EricM View Post
    Have you considered Cricket? They use AT&T's network, so I'd expect them to have identical coverage. Bring your own phones and I believe it would be $100/month for 4 lines with unlimited talk/text and 2.5GB high speed data per line (5GB and 10GB plans also available). Has its limitations -- max data rate capped to 8Mbps, no roaming, no tethering, etc. -- but might be worth checking out.
    I travel quite a bit. Not sure Criket would work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    That's almost double what I'm paying with Tmobile.
    Yea, Verizon is cheaper here. But their service sucks, might as well break out my old dumb flip phone for the data speeds I get everywhere except inside their store.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Yea, Verizon is cheaper here. But their service sucks, might as well break out my old dumb flip phone for the data speeds I get everywhere except inside their store.
    Tmobile is the same way here.

Just to make sure I'm getting the whole story about what my AT&T bill might be I did what any reasonable person would do. I went to Best Buy.

If we bring our own phones it will in fact be $160 plus taxes and fees. If all four of us bought new phones through Next it would be about $265 per month.

I think we're going to buy my wife's phone and transfer everything over to ATT in a couple weeks. At this point I'm okay paying a little more to have actual phone service. I'm also going to check into the discounts mentioned above. I'm pretty sure we qualify for at least one of them.

Thanks all for the help.

User Tag List